Prescription or readers to see the dang camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually still have 20/20 vision which is down somewhat from my 15/15. Plus I have some sort of something going on with my right eye but I can mostly see pretty good, just not very good at all up close, I got to have glasses. I hope this works. I have never done a prescription mask before.
You might be amazed.
Good luck!

Spending a couple hundred bucks to be able to see clearly underwater is money well-spent in my opinion. My prescription dive mask is less expensive than getting a new pair of glasses from my eye doctor.

-AZTinman

I need cataract surgery, glasses will no longer correct my vision. Hope someone can help or refer me to others. Read an old thread, not relevant 2018. I am scheduled for cataract surgery with Trifocals lens- state of the art ( available in Europe past 7 years US 8 month). Anyone have experience with these? Not cheap but eliminates glasses for distance , computer and up to 16” for reading (on land) Wouldn’t need lenses in mask (less than 16”?)
Those of you with 20/20 vision how close do you actually get to anything to see clearly. I do like finding the little stuff and would like to see it.. Let’s pretend money is no object. ALL feedback appreciated

I had a friend who had them installed and had difficulty adjusting to them, most people are fine I believe but you can have issues with night vision. I think from memory he complained about haloes. Talk to your provider about potential downsides and if any particular model or supplier has advantages over others. Not saying don't do it, but do your homework.

I actually still have 20/20 vision which is down somewhat from my 15/15. Plus I have some sort of something going on with my right eye but I can mostly see pretty good, just not very good at all up close, I got to have glasses. I hope this works. I have never done a prescription mask before.
Question: is your 20/20 for far distance only? What is your measurement for reading distance? I have prescription lens in scuba mask. The best correction I can get with prescription for reading glasses is 20/60 and in spite of underwater magnification I can’t see camera screen. Hoping upgrade implanted lenses will correct to 20/20 and I can read my camera. Now you have me concerned

My distance vision is 20/20 without glasses. Up close it is corrected to 20/20 with my glasses. I have a retinal separation (aging) in my right eye that could drive me nuts if I were actually a sane person! My glasses prescription is however a full prescription that corrects for astigmatism and whatever. So, I certainly see better, all around, near or far with my glasses on.

I think you need to discuss this with your eye doctor.

James

Back
Top Bottom