Latest Morning Dive Trip - Maximize Number of Dives in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannysporea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the latest morning dive trip a dive shop can offer in Cozumel? I am trying to maximize the number of dives in Cozumel over 2 days... but I need a later first trip departure in order to be able to take the car ferry from the mainland. My wife does not dive and she will use the car to tour the island while I dive for these 2 days. Ideally I would like to do 4 dives a day (2 morning and 2 afternoon), but unfortunately the earliest Transcaribe car ferry is at 8 am and just the Sunday one is at 7 am... So are there any dive shops with later morning departure? Thank you!

Just shore dive that morning.

Dressel comes back to dock after every dive. So the second of the morning has potential.

Consider not stressing getting dives in before lunch, take your time and be ready to do a two tank dive in the afternoon with any op that provides them.

Ok, very, very abishous to say the least.

1st day, NO WAY doing 4 dives. Try to shoot for 2 afternoon dives.

I assume you have all gear and know exactly how much weight you need. If you need gear you will need to checkin at dive shop and add an extra hour for fitting. You will still need to check in and fill out forms and waivers....

Another issue is finding a dive op that guarantees 2 tank afternnon dives.

I see you are a newbee. So figure your 1st dive will have issues. You may need a private DM on the 1st trip so you don't inconvenience the other divers.

I suggest Tres Pelecanos since they often get wnough intrest in an afternoon boat. Otherwise you will be limitied to morning dives.

Deep blue leaves at 9.

The car ferry is a min of 1 and 15 min not including unloading time and late departure. Estimate a min of 1 hr and 45 min, so they are on the road at 945 AM. Since he needs to go to dive shop that brings it to 10AM.

Gear needed?

Blue Angle has a 10AM and 1 PM (no you cannot do the 10 and 1 together as 4 tanks. Not enough time.

So focus on a afternoon only the 1st day.

I assume you are not going back and forth on the ferry every day. that is a mistake.

To do a morning and afternoon 2 tank, you need to be on the boat by 730AM or the latest 8.

With surface intervals and travel you are looking at 4 + 4 hours min.

What days are you trying to dive? Saturday and Sunday?

Will be in Puerto Aventuras for 2 weeks, out of which I can do any 2 days in Cozumel, thinking maybe the 2 Sundays as the car ferry leaves Calica earlier at 7am. Planning to do at least 12 dives total (PA/PDC and Cozumel) and trying to maximize the number of dives the 2 days in Cozumel.

I assume you have all gear and know exactly how much weight you need. If you need gear you will need to checkin at dive shop and add an extra hour for fitting. You will still need to check in and fill out forms and waivers....

I see you are a newbee. So figure your 1st dive will have issues. You may need a private DM on the 1st trip so you don't inconvenience the other divers.

Pretty new yes, but I have all the gear. Will recheck weights in PA at the resort first before hoping on to Cozumel. The plan is to have everything sorted out before the island days...

Dressel comes back to dock after every dive. So the second of the morning has potential.

Dressel might be the best option in this case... possible than 3 dives per day in Cozumel, so about 6 dives then in Cozumel and 6 in PA. This if there was no better alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom