Dental implants and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you say "the first phase", is that installation of the posts?

My procedure was elongated due to a required bone graft (and the healing period), installation of the post into the grafted area (and the observation period to see if everything would set), then the fitting of a temporary, and finally the fitting of a final.

I could not dive during the graft healing or the post setting, due to concerns over getting sea water in my mouth, and had nothing to do with the mouthpiece.

I don't know enough about it, I will ask my husband for the details, thanks.

When you say "the first phase", is that installation of the posts?

My procedure was elongated due to a required bone graft (and the healing period), installation of the post into the grafted area (and the observation period to see if everything would set), then the fitting of a temporary, and finally the fitting of a final.

I could not dive during the graft healing or the post setting, due to concerns over getting sea water in my mouth, and had nothing to do with the mouthpiece.

I had a sinus lift bone graft and implant that all done at the same time. Fairly complex upper jaw sever degradation of the jaw to boot. I was on a flight for a dive trip the day I was released to dive by my dentist which was I think 90 days from the actual procedure. Everything went just fine.

I’m sitting in the airport on a dive trip right now new tooth in place I’m like a real boy again. Had to remold my mouth piece to work with more teeth:)

There will be a tiny airpocket between the post and the bone. However, that is of no concern as that airspace doesn't communicate with the outside world. Two tooth implants here.

I had a sinus lift bone graft and implant that all done at the same time. Fairly complex upper jaw sever degradation of the jaw to boot. I was on a flight for a dive trip the day I was released to dive by my dentist which was I think 90 days from the actual procedure. Everything went just fine.

I’m sitting in the airport on a dive trip right now new tooth in place I’m like a real boy again. Had to remold my mouth piece to work with more teeth:)

Very similar to my circumstances as well, only I had two separate 90 day windows.

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom