ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im looking at miles for the trip as well.

Do we have to sign up for the Blue Hole and nitrox when we arrive or do we book ahead of time?

From the Package Deal page

Nitrox 150.00 For The Week

Purchased On Island

Great Blue Hole Dive Trip 190.00
Includes 40.00 Marine Park Fee
Purchased On Island

No need to worry you are a SB Crew Member :grouphug2:

Maybe if there's enough folks that want to do it they would run a 3-tank trip out there without the blue hole. That's something people have sometimes suggested would be a nice idea from Ambergris but they don't seem to get enough interest to run such a thing.

Maybe there could be an organized add-on extension for some days to the interior afterwards...

I just joined and saw this trip and am interested - would love to spend a week diving Glover's, Lighthouse, etc. but not interested in the Blue Hole again. I did the 3-tank trip from Ambergris. I would be up for a 3-tank trip without the blue hole.

the rest will probably be on the 1:30 American flight.

What are your arrival times looking like? I mostly see 1338 as arrival time and know the resort wants us there before 1400. We will be there before 1400 but still have to deplane, pick up baggage and clear customs (I think) Dennis can you see if this will work?
We're looking like 11:55 from Atlanta

I have joined this trip! I've read the posts about the Blue Hole and I'll take a pass on that excursion. For that long of a boat ride, I need a big payoff....like schooling hammerheads or manta rays! I did the Blue Hole in the Bahamas last month on a live-aboard and it was nice but not spectacular. Saw a few critters on the wall and some huge free swimming remoras...so big they looked like juvenile sharks at first glance.

I plan to arrive a day early and Felix at Bay Adventures said that the preferred hotel for our group is the Best Western Plus if you want to get the transfer to the marina on the 9th, but you'll have to find your way to the hotel from the airport on your own on whatever day you arrive early.

The last time I was in Belize was in September 2016, just 3 weeks after Hurricane Earl hit San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, and the reef was in really bad shape and most of the docks were obliterated. Lots of broken coral heads and sea fans and a really disappointing trip. It was a group trip, so the resort didn't cancel on us, which I kind of wish they did. Has anyone been there in past 3 years or so? How is the reef looking? If there could be a positive that comes out of the pandemic is our oceans and reefs are getting a break from all the boats and scuba divers and, hopefully, the dive operations are taking this opportunity to tune and clean their equipment and boats.

I'm looking forward to this dive vacation and meeting you all!! Since I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure how to PM (Private message, I assume) the group leader. Perhaps he/she can reach out to me. Thanks!

I have joined this trip! I've read the posts about the Blue Hole and I'll take a pass on that excursion. For that long of a boat ride, I need a big payoff....like schooling hammerheads or manta rays! I did the Blue Hole in the Bahamas last month on a live-aboard and it was nice but not spectacular. Saw a few critters on the wall and some huge free swimming remoras...so big they looked like juvenile sharks at first glance.

I plan to arrive a day early and Felix at Bay Adventures said that the preferred hotel for our group is the Best Western Plus if you want to get the transfer to the marina on the 9th, but you'll have to find your way to the hotel from the airport on your own on whatever day you arrive early.

The last time I was in Belize was in September 2016, just 3 weeks after Hurricane Earl hit San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, and the reef was in really bad shape and most of the docks were obliterated. Lots of broken coral heads and sea fans and a really disappointing trip. It was a group trip, so the resort didn't cancel on us, which I kind of wish they did. Has anyone been there in past 3 years or so? How is the reef looking? If there could be a positive that comes out of the pandemic is our oceans and reefs are getting a break from all the boats and scuba divers and, hopefully, the dive operations are taking this opportunity to tune and clean their equipment and boats.

I'm looking forward to this dive vacation and meeting you all!! Since I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure how to PM (Private message, I assume) the group leader. Perhaps he/she can reach out to me. Thanks!

I sent you a PM

What's the skinny on potential fall-out due to the current virus situation?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom