Fairly new paraplegic diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John C.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi folks, I’m new to the site because I’m searching for places that can accommodate a wheelchair bound diver. I have a couple of dive vacations to Cozumel and one coming up to Bonaire, and in search of the next one beyond that. I’m researching Utila right now, but always looking for new places to dive. I live in Maine and will dive here too, but the cold makes diving here a bit more of a challenge, like getting in a 7mm suit to start. So as of today I have 27 real dives besides class dives. Suggestions, experiences with disabled divers is always welcome.

Welcome to ScubaBoard John. Ditto to suggestion above.

Welcome, John. Your thread title really caught my attention because, while in Fiji recently, my wife and I met and dove with a paraplegic lady from Sydney. We really admired her courage and determination to do what she enjoyed. She was there by herself. We were at Beqa Lagoon Resort and they had to make some minor alterations to accommodate her wheelchair but not a whole lot of changes.

And while I have never met you, I just want to say that I admire you for your wanting to dive. If I ever had the chance, I would certainly be honored to dive with you.

Have lots of submerged fun.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...good luck and happy bubbles..

Welcome to Scubaboard!

We're glad to have you join us and look forward to seeing more of your participation here on the board.

Welcome. PM me I have several recommendations for you. I dive with a friend and we have dove Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Philippine's, Belize and in July Cayman Brac. There is a resort in Mexico started by a USMC with paraplegia (have not been there yet), and another one in Philippines (have not been there yet). HSA (Handicapped SCUBA Association International the original adaptive dive certification organization) does trips from time to time. Still time to join us in Cayman Brac in July 2020. I will be in Canada in September diving with another Instructor there if you are up to a cold water dive he has a boat built form the keep up specifically for adaptive diving.

hi folks, I’m new to the site because I’m searching for places that can accommodate a wheelchair bound diver. I have a couple of dive vacations to Cozumel and one coming up to Bonaire, and in search of the next one beyond that. I’m researching Utila right now, but always looking for new places to dive. I live in Maine and will dive here too, but the cold makes diving here a bit more of a challenge, like getting in a 7mm suit to start. So as of today I have 27 real dives besides class dives. Suggestions, experiences with disabled divers is always welcome.

Look here on our board

Divers with Disabilities

Back
Top Bottom