Wanted DSS - Deep Sea Supply wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have at single #40 DSS wing..........might be tough to pry it from my hands.

Couldn’t wait to be rid of mine, I just bolt the wing to the plate, I prefer the inflator hose to the side, very few wings have pull dumps, many now have tank stabilizers, I never noticed cam band adjusting being wing related and oxy, VDH and Dive Rite are made in the US.

They are reasonable well made, I still use the DSS buckle and his camstraps were great.

We actually pack all three of them with us when we take a major trip. You can add to your list of nice features that these wings lay really flat--great for packability.
True dat. Tobin used to roll and ship them out in a tube. :)

- K

Couldn’t wait to be rid of mine,
I just bolt the wing to the plate, I prefer the inflator hose to the side, very few wings have pull dumps, many now have tank stabilizers, I never noticed cam band adjusting being wing related and oxy, VDH and Dive Rite are made in the US.

They are reasonable well made, I still use the DSS buckle and his camstraps were great.

Fastest way to cut the wing... packing it bolted to the plate.

No thanks! I always separate when I pack. Deep into 4 digits numbers of dives on this wing... never cut nor pinched. I keep it far, far away from the plate when packed.

This is why there are a jillion wings out there... we all like what we like. :)

- Ken

Fastest way to cut the wing... packing it bolted to the plate.

No thanks! I always separate when I pack. Deep into 4 digits numbers of dives on this wing... never cut nor pinched. I keep it far, far away from the plate when packed.

This is why there are a jillion wings out there... we all like what we like. :)

- Ken
I know Tobin made me paranoid about that too, replaced the DSS with a dive rite xt, now VDH, always bolted never a leak.

They’re good wings, sooner or later the supply will dry up I’m afraid.

Is there a reason you want a DSS specifically?

Yes - I have a DSS kydex plate and 20# wing, but need a bit more lift for a 5mm suit.

I have Deep Sea Supply Torus 26 and a Kydex backplate if anyone is interested. It hasn't seen the ocean in years, as I've used it solely in the pool these days. Absolutely no leak and will hold pressure until you've turned to dust. I've just serviced the inflator.

The photos doesn't quite capture the color difference but the dark rich black has faded due the chlorine exposure. You can better see the difference on the photo with the Deep Sea Supply Logo. Unfortunately, I lost the rubber retainer plugs that fasten the wing to the plate, so you will have to use mating bolts.

Asking $150 + shipping for the wing.

Attachments

• 20200303_204436.jpg
    20200303_204436.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200303_204446.jpg
    20200303_204446.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20200303_204457.jpg
    20200303_204457.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 105
Other wings will fit on the plate if you don’t find the DSS wing you need.

I know. But I do like the DSS wings for the features as previously mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom