Apeks rebuild options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I get charged $150+ To get my first and second stage rebuilt. I read this is because apeks locks down the parts to dealers only. Is a dealer my only option? I’m good for it in my tech setup, but for classes I need something more affordable that I can rebuild myself. What are my best options?

I have and can get OEM Apeks kits, tools and service manuals. Apeks would have to be one of the simplest regs to service especially the first stage. I can help. Message me if you want, offers there. Cheers.

If you’re looking for kits and don’t have an inside connection, your best bet is buying from European dealers on eBay.

If you’re fine with non OEM kits, the either NESS (as linked above) or Scuba Gaskets carries kits.

or switch to another brand like hog/deep 6 that offers the repair class much more readily. reality is that the kits aren't really that hard to find.

If you are reasonably handy then Apeks are very simple to work on. The rebuild kits can be sourced online as others have pointed out and there really isn't much to them. Most of the job is replacing o-rings. :)

or switch to another brand like hog/deep 6 that offers the repair class much more readily. reality is that the kits aren't really that hard to find.

can you link me to info on this?

Back
Top Bottom