Trip Video - Maldives, February 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Except for Oceanic Whitetip. Unfortunately they don’t seem like to hang around in Maldives, at least I haven’t seen any YouTube videos about them in Maldives.

Nice one with clear video! Looks like a bottomless area to me ... Did you use a red filter?

P

Reactions: Dan
You are welcome!
From your earlier post, it looks like your color grading environment was not optimal. I found it helped to use only D65 white light behind the monitor or overhead and I also happen to have a whiteboard to glance at when looking away from the monitor. I make sure the overhead white lighting is turned on to ensure the viewing conditions are not too dim before I adjust color/brightness/contrast. Then I create a LUT for the UW footage to reuse with all other clips. Once a LUT is created I can work in sub-optimal (dim) conditions late nights - to do other stuff like position a subclip in the timeline sequence, or work on timing audio tracks etc., provided I don't touch the color grading bits except in ideal lighting conditions.

That said - I am still learning video editing and yet to come out with my first proper scuba video.

Cheers
I'm not going the way of LUTS. I'm just going to try and be more disciplined monitoring my RGB and Luma waveform displays.

Nice one with clear video! Looks like a bottomless area to me ... Did you use a red filter?

P

Thanks!

No, I didn't use red filter. It was a bright noon day with typical excellent visibility of Red Sea & the Sharks just swimming near the surface. What a perfect day to shoot a video. I did have a video light turned on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom