Peace dive boat ceasing operations EDIT: Changing hands, not ceasing operations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
To our Valued Customers and Dear Friends:

It is with great sadness, much thought and after many months of conversations with my wife Angie, close friends and family that I am announcing that we are retiring and no longer operating the Peace Dive Boat effective June 1st of this year. The main reason for this decision is that in the last year I have been struggling with some health issues that I can no longer ignore, if I want to continue to live a normal, healthy and happy life. For me having my own business is a 365/24/7 consuming commitment that I can no longer do effectively while concentrating on my health. This decision was not made easily and I will be personally reaching out to all of our charter groups personally, in the upcoming weeks. I do ask that you reach out to your customers directly. We will also make a post to our Facebook page and update our website with this information by the end of the week. All of our trips that are booked through May 31, 2020 will still operate as usual unless there are any unforeseen circumstances such as Coast Guard changes.

I did not make this decision lightly and I weighed whether or not to continuing to operate during this difficult and emotional time for California Diving. I love diving California, it is for me one of the best places to dive in the world. I know that if I do not find someone that wants to purchase and continue to operate the Peace as a dive boat that it will drastically effect the accessibility to local diving. I truly hope that I find someone that will continue the legacy of the Peace Dive Boat and that it will remain one of the premier dive operations in Southern California. For now we are open to considering any and all offers of the Peace and/or the business. Rest assured that If any of you have charter deposits with us we will be refunding them to you directly or we can take it off of the balance due on your final charter, if it falls before June 1st. I realize that rescheduling charters with other companies is a huge burden and for that I apologize. I strongly encourage everyone to do their best to continue to support the Southern California charter boat fleet as we truly are lucky to have the Channel Islands in our own backyard.

The charter dive boat industry has been a part of my life since I was 16 when I received my first opportunity to work as a deckhand on the Sea Venture and continued to work through school on the Liberty. After graduating college my life and work on the Peace have been completely intertwined. I first joined the boat’s crew 25 years ago and took over the business in 1998. The Peace is where I met my wife Angie, have many made life- long friends , travelled the world and witnessed amazing things out on the water that most people can only dream about. I also realize that the Peace is a lot more to many people than just a dive boat that it has been a major part of many people’s lives for a long time. I can only hope that we added amazing memories and wonderful experiences to your California diving.

I cannot express how much your support has meant to me through the years. It has truly been a honor and a privilege to have shared the best of California diving and met to have all of you.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Sincerely,
Eric & Angie
Peace Dive Boat
805-650-DIVE

Wow. Thanks for posting to let us know. Never dove with them; when I was researching California diving, reviews of the Peace were amazing consistently excellent. There are a lot of popular dive op.s in the world, but there are a select few where the reviews by customers shine out. The Peace was on that list.

Fair winds Eric! I had many great days of diving over the years with you guys and will always remember the Peace.

I too wish them well, and have only fond memories of the Peace over the years. In the wake of all that has happened, in terms of California dive charters, since Conception, I wonder how this will shake up an already struggling industry?

Dove on the Peace shortly after our certification, I remember the day well with the Captain (perhaps you?) taking time to calm my nerves and show me the best places to dive within my newly minted limits. We wish you and your family/crew the best.

Oh man. I love that boat. Best wishes to Eric, and I hope someone keeps it going.

good luck and i bet you have some stories to tell....

GREAT news everyone and our prayers have been answered! Cody Errair who has worked on the Peace for the last 5 years as DM and Captain will officially be taking it over from Eric in June.

Eric is working with him closely to allow a smooth transition. Eric says a formal email and notice will go out next week but for us to spread the word that the Peace still LIVES ON.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom