Halcyon Carbon Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Halcyon CF plate. The difference in the water seems noticeable. It just feels much lighter than my aluminum plate. I get that it's only a pound or so difference and it's probably basically a psychosematic response, my rig sure feels lighter on both land and in the water to me though. (Plus it looks really cool)

What makes it more compact than any other backplate?
The Adventurer plate is a little smaller (in width) than my SS plate and it does not require an STA.

but you'll still need weights making it heavier on land.

i dive 2 lbs alum plate and a 1 lb STA no weights

if i dive the halcyon carbon . it's 1.1 lb Carbon plate and 2 lbs Halcyon STA. technically on land it will weight about the same..

but if i were to dive this.. i will need weights.. technically... it's heavier on land if you add the weights.

i went over to helium dive website . everything is russian! but im interested in the titanium hardware. i got a freedom plate comming and its a bit heavy, i duno if using titanium hardware will lighten it. my fp in my estimate is just 0.3 lbs over my ideal weight

with everyone’s opinion on carbon. i just lost taste lol.

dive helium doesnt have STA?

I own a Helium Dive titanium backplate and harness including their STA.

The STA weighs 3.9oz and the Cam Bands are only 5.2oz each.

I just got back from 3 weeks in Raja Ampat and the titanium setup was great for both travel and diving.

I anodized the hardware myself with a blow torch.

i went over to helium dive website . everything is russian! but im interested in the titanium hardware. i got a freedom plate comming and its a bit heavy, i duno if using titanium hardware will lighten it. my fp in my estimate is just 0.3 lbs over my ideal weight

with everyone’s opinion on carbon. i just lost taste lol.

dive helium doesnt have STA?
You didn't select English? Or am I missing anything.

Yes, they have an STA. I got that with my order.

actually i did but when you go to estore all in russian
Doh! I always dealt with Paul directly so I didn't see it until now (as I've bought his closed reel, titanium bp, titanium sta, and tank bands - all quality stuff). I just messaged him on FB to let him know that the translation isn't complete.

Paul is very responsive and he'll take care of you.

Back
Top Bottom