DIR- Generic New Santi Avatar Drysuit ordered—full review to follow soon.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the suit arrive?

It did—so far, I have been able to pool dive it twice, and it has been amazing. However, I submitted my review to Quest Magazine, and it looks like they may pick up the story. So I probably won't post the report here—apologies for that. Nevertheless, it is absolutely worth the $1300.00, and I'm looking forward to picking up the undergarment this weekend at DRIS and doing another test pool dive w/ photos to accompany the article.

It did—so far, I have been able to pool dive it twice, and it has been amazing. However, I submitted my review to Quest Magazine, and it looks like they may pick up the story. So I probably won't post the report here—apologies for that. Nevertheless, it is absolutely worth the $1300.00, and I'm looking forward to picking up the undergarment this weekend at DRIS and doing another test pool dive w/ photos to accompany the article.

Quest magazine, as in the GUE publication?

Quick update: 3rd pool dive with branded undergarment (which is made from recycled bottles) went splendidly. DRIS service was terrific, and their new indoor pool is refreshing as well. The undergarments are fleece-lined, and super snuggly is the only way I can describe it. Nevertheless, they provided enough loft for me, but it may be different for other folks.

I am curious how the undergarment does in the ocean/fresh water vs the pool.
Thank you
Eric

I am curious how the undergarment does in the ocean/fresh water vs the pool.
Thank you
Eric

I’m in IL, so it will be awhile for a salinity test. As far as fresh goes—I should be able to give you an idea in April.

I would avoid drysuits of breathable fabrics, as they tend to become semidry rather quickly.
If you are shot on budget, take a look at Seaskin - got it for 734 GBP ($900) with all needed options (telescopic torso, pockets, p-valve, etc) and shipping.

I have the suit now 1.5 week. I picked it up on my way to some French caves. The main goal was to use it for airplane trips, but now directly in caves was a good try I think.
I never fitted in normal suits, I allways used MTM, as I am female, but 1.82m tall. But this time I fitted in the XXL Female size. I think I was the first with the 'woman/female cut' from Avatar.

The color of the female suits is the same as for the man, but with a small green/blue liner on the neck and a pocket. Sadly no pink, haha. The zip comes for females over the right shoulder, I never understanded why, but it won't hurt you, so is no problem. The boots are the same as you can choose with a santi suit, flexsoles or something they are called.
On knees, between the legs and the under arms is thicker fabric used.

P7131142.jpg

The undersuit was comfortable for me in 8 degrees C water for 1 hour. So it was warmer than expected. I really like the comfort of the undersuit. In winter, you need a thicker undersuit. But for most dives it will be ok. I use in winter my 490 grams Tecline undersuit and that also fits under this Avatar suit (I tried it of course).

I used the drysuit and undersuit for 13 cavedives now, all sidemount ccr, and some where quite narrow.
You don't see it is used, it is like new (except some clay on the suit, haha) and it is not used in the most easy circumstances.

P7151576.jpg

P7110749.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom