Deepblu Cosmiq+ reputation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard of problems with flooding. The following is posted on the Deepblu website:

View attachment 541163
great quality control! Very reassuring!
Inkedupload_2019-9-20_10-41-16_LI.jpg

I know this post is older, but New models say Gen5 on the back. I have had a Cosmiq+ for about 18 months and 70 dives, which "electronically" has been fine. Recently, the screen spiderwebbed. It's still functional and no signs of leaking, but I made a service req last week and they immediately sent me a new Gen 5 to replace it. My girlfriend has been through 3 different ones because of QC, one fogged, one had the adjust button quit working (which still works with BT adjustments, and one had the screen die, all were replaced quickly by their customer service dept. We both have Terics now, and will use the Cosmiq as a backup, as we have several that work, and they don't ask you to return the faulty ones. They just send you a new dive computer.

Attachments

• cracked 1.jpg
    cracked 1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 93
In 12 months I went through three for battery failures and false depth readings.

I still have one but it’s laid aside amongst all the spares clutter. I just lost confidence in the thing.

I was going to buy a Cosmiq+ for my wife but she got a Squirrel (D6G Excursion) instead.

Just an update from my end. I have been using a few (for teaching purposes) since October. They are all still fine.

I went through 2, both of the earlier generation I believe (originally purchased July 2018). The first flooded and failed after about 30 dives, and the second started giving false readings after 15 or so dives (showing that I was offgassing with a surface interval of 6 hrs when in fact it was months since my last dive).

After the 2nd failure I gave up and switched to a Geo. Hopefully the new better-reinforced version will fare better. I loved the easy-to-read screen and had no complaints about it other than the reliability question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom