D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did two today, first dive switched between the 370 and 420 both on a titanium MK11. The 370, once tuned is as good as anything I have ever tried, truly a high performance reg. Second dive put the 420 on the long hose and only used it, not really impressed with only a minor tune it cracks very easy put I had to pull hard to get it to feel like it was ready to go and move air, otherwise I would say it feels like a double hose, my guess it it’s in the lever, it gives the same impression if you screwed the orifice in to far on a straight through “S” series and dropped the lever height, it drying tonight so I should get some time tomorrow to open it and see how the lever sits.

Yah, I wish I had managed to get the 370 regs I was trying for... Maybe next time...

Heading off to Key Largo tomorrow for a week on the 420. We'll see in a week if I still like it more than you guys seem to...

Heading off to Key Largo tomorrow for a week on the 420. We'll see in a week if I still like it more than you guys seem to...

What first stage? Which wreck is the 420?

Nice jealous who you diving with what outfit? Was there a couple months ago.

Big runny smelly poos.

Strike 2.

Leaked the whole dive.

I'll put it back on a gauge when I get home and see what's what. Venturi switch did nothing even though it's increasing cracking pressure. I've it set to 1-1.1" even though that's lower than spec with Venturi on max it should not be leaking.

I can only assume the lever is too high. It's at about 1/2mm below rim of case.

Still find the bubbles a little irritating, vertical it's a mikron.

It does breathe nicely though.

Will post back later.

Back
Top Bottom