Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like my Atomic Frameless mask, Atomic Z2 regulator, Perdix AI
computer, and Force Fins Originals.

I got some labels for gear from here. They ship from the Phillippines, so take a couple of weeks to arrive. They are really nice quality and stick well. They can put your name alone, name plus a phone #, or name plus an email, and you can choose either dive flags, or something like your agency logo for the little pics on the labels. Also, you can ask for different configurations of what labels you want (like a mix of sizes). You just need to email Ray to ask him to do something custom.

I got one set that had the typical assortment of sizes, but for the 2nd set I asked for just small and medium sizes since that's what I use most. I also asked him for a mix of upper and lowercase letters and a different font (no it wasn't Comic Sans).

I have them on everything. Helped me get my reel back at the dive park a few weeks ago when someone "found" it while we had it tied in doing some practice. :wink:
I make my own labels with a Brother P Touch labeler. It's much more useful and economical.

I have a whole pile of gear, but almost all of it is replaceable except one.

Surf Fur Parka - Been very useful with the random cold snaps the last couple of months.

Surf Fur Parka - Been very useful with the random cold snaps the last couple of months.

I FORGOT TO ADD MY SURF FUR!

I keep forgetting some of my absolute must-haves because they are so essential I don’t want to think of dive life without them.

Pair of very large adjustable wrenches. They allowed me to take apart a regulator first stage to see for myself the innards and remove the mystery of service. In my case, "service". They are straightforward precision mechanical devices, some simple, some more complex, but no longer magical.

My number one is my BCD -- Zeagle Zena. This things fits perfect for me.
I also my Lavacore jane -- adds just a perfect amount of warmth without needing to go up to a 5mm

Farallon Shark Dart.
I got it in a raffle by my LDS that was run by a bunch of SEALS circa 1975ish right when JAWS was released.
Never used it. To be honest, I was always afraid I would stick myself with the dang thing and IMPLODE!
I say it's a "non-regret" because it's a great conversation piece!

BioFin Pro fins. I made the mistake of trying to buy less expensive fins and wasted money. My son and I have identical fins because they are so comfortable and easy to kick with. Of course, spring straps only!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom