Another Norte in Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Somewhere between 8-12 knots tomorrow morning. It's anyone's guess what port captain will decide.
I have my settings on mph. Looks like 17 to 23 to me...
upload_2020-2-21_16-53-49.png

And the "Pelicans vs Aldora" thread is now at 170 replies
but they're talking about losing cameras now. :rofl3:

Somewhere between 8-12 knots tomorrow morning. It's anyone's guess what port captain will decide.

Where in the world did you get that forecast?

Dave Dillehay

Anyone know if the port stayed open for night dives tonight? It’s blowing pretty good. Trying to decide if I should go ahead and book cenote dives for tomorrow or wait and see if it’s open for some portion of tomorrow.

Trying to decide if I should go ahead and book cenote dives for tomorrow or wait and see if it’s open for some portion of tomorrow.
The airport there is reporting 15 mph from NE at the moment. WG expects the same all day tomorrow. You want to bet against Wind Guru?

Don’t you just love it when your dive shop doesn’t bother telling you they closed the port and you got up early, walked to the boat and find the pier locked. Grrrr

Don’t you just love it when your dive shop doesn’t bother telling you they closed the port and you got up early, walked to the boat and find the pier locked. Grrrr
Looking at and listening to the Coz webcam feeds this morning it seems to me that all you would have to do would be to look at the water and hear the wind to figure that the port would almost certainly be closed.

We had an idea we might be blown out. It was certainly a windy day on the water yesterday and very windy last night. But we were told we’d be notified if we weren’t going diving today and we didn’t want to miss the boat in case like yesterday we went out. We have been here several times before but never experienced a norte before nor would I want to make any uneducated assumptions. I’m also largely over it and have made some alternative plans for the week as things get super windy starting Thursday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom