Another Norte in Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm more worried about that norte next Wednesday night as I'm arriving Sunday.

I see multiple boats going by Fiesta Americana's web cam looks like the port is open. Scuba shack's weather station is showing current winds @ 4.3 KT's from NNE.

Port is open, the north wind is here but not too strong yet. Just finished one at Bricks. The wind seems to be pretty much dead north so the southern sites are relatively protected. The ride back could be interesting but I’m not complaining!

Stronger at 6PM today Friday. 23 kt gusts. looks the same for next Wednesday night but hopefully not.

Dave

It's norte light today. Non issue. Probably same conditions tomorrow.
Or not. Well, you may win betting against Win Guru forecasts, but that's rare. They were wrong about today as the expected winds aren't as bad and diving was done. Yay for that.

Yep, it’s Norte but not so fuerte. The ride back was a bit sporty but not as bad as I expected. Hopeful but not optimistic for tomorrow.

Actually Windguru forecast light to moderate north winds until 3 PM(as reported) then much stronger by 6 pm. I don't bet against wind guru!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom