Twin manifold plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWA7265

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought this setup from my local dive shop and it will be here in a week. I was wondering for people who have also bought this exact setup. Does it come with plugs for the valves so I can use them in a single tank setup? Or do I have to buy plugs separately. I want to get them on order now so I have them if I need to buy them. I looked everywhere and can’t find anything saying if this comes with them or not. If you look at just the manifold itself in the xs scuba catalog it shows them coming with plugs, but I can’t find anywhere saying this double setup comes with them.

HP Faber Hot Dip Galvanized Doubles Package

No because I didn’t buy them from DRIS.

Be very careful using Din Plugs on valves and manifolds. It you have a valve accidentally bump open, the cap can explode sending plastic or delrin frags out to hurt you. I got really lucky way back in ‘91. I had a brand new set of double 95s laying out of the way inside my house. Obviously, my negligence precipitated my toddler son cracking open one of the valves. A plastic din cap exploded sending a large piece of plastic straight up and lodging into the ceiling drywall. Only dumb luck preventing an injury to my son.

just a couple years ago, a dive buddy of mine, was removing capped sidemount tanks from the back of his truck. Accidentally bumping a din valve open, his cap exploded severely injuring his hand.

I do still sometimes cap my din tank/valves when i think there is a good risk of dust, sand, or spiders. But I NEVER tighten them down, so if a valve cracks open, air can easily escape.

Sounds like they're would be a market for a cap with a soft plug... That way if there is pressure, the plug blows well before the cap... Same concept as a burst disk

Sounds like they're would be a market for a cap with a soft plug... That way if there is pressure, the plug blows well before the cap... Same concept as a burst disk
Thinking about just that ...

I might try just through-drilling my plastic/delrin plugs and then just smearing the holes with a little caulk as a contaminate seal.

Simple, cheap, and easily replaced if it blows.

masking tape should be good too, cheap, and no problem if pressure blows it

Two different things are being discussed.

I believe that the OP is asking about a manifold plug for tanks that have valves designed for use with a manifold, with a side port. The idea is that if you have a set of manifolded doubles, and you want to break it down and use them as two single tanks, you need to plug the place that normally connects to the manifold. These plugs are designed to be in place when the valve is open and pressurized. You insert them and remove them with the valve closed, so that there is no pressure behind during assembly. Since there are two outlets for the gas (the side port and the DIN opening), there is no problem of them getting stuck in place, you depressurize the downstream side through the DIN valve before removing them.

Other people are talking about DIN plugs, which are just dust caps to keep the din valve clean, and are NOT meant to be in place when the valve is open and there is no side manifold port. If you have a tight fitting metal DIN plug and the valve is inadvertently opened, you will find it very hard to remove the plug. Not sure why anyone would use these, I thin that it's so you don't accidentally lose gas if the valve opens during transport, but I wouldn't do that. And as has been mentioned upthread, a plastic plug can fail spectacularly in that situation.

Thinking about just that ...

I might try just through-drilling my plastic/delrin plugs and then just smearing the holes with a little caulk as a contaminate seal.

Simple, cheap, and easily replaced if it blows.

OP isn’t talking about those at all. He’s talking about the plugs in modular left/right valves that you remove in order to connect the manifold in the middle. If you remove the manifold, you then replace these plugs in the valves in order to use then as single valves. The below plugs go in the side, not where you connect a reg.

These are what he’s talking about.
DGX Modular Valve Port Plug, Notched (Reverse Threads) | Dive Gear Express®

Back
Top Bottom