Thoughts on Tres Pelicanos vs Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You people who can return to your rooms and head back out in 10 minutes, are you alone or with a spouse/S.O. who needs to use the bathroom as well? We need more than that.

We just take care of business promptly and don't camp out.

I don't know which one is which regarding Skinny and Loan, but Iike the one with holes for the tanks so both your tanks are right there and on a less than full boat the hole is a great place to store stuff.

I need to stay off Google. Every time I search a health issue on Google it ends up being cancer. My Dr. told me to stop self diagnosing and searching because I'll end up with cancer all the time. Swollen ankles and legs are apparently quite common on long flights and they go back to normal in a day... Nothing to worry about, perfectly normal, and could have been prevented had I got up and walked around every hour or so instead of sitting there for 7 hours in a low atmospheric pressure environment.

Not cancer, but very dangerous.

Blood Clots and Travel: What You Need to Know | CDC

My experience as well. In December I stayed at the CM for 2 1/2 weeks and I can say that every day the breakfast buffet opened at 7AM and on some occasions a bit earlier. 30 min for breakfast + 5 Minutes to take care of any business in the room + 5 min to walk around the corner to 3P's shop = at the shop at 7:40AM. 30 minutes to eat breakfast was more than enough time for us. At 7AM the only people eating there are primarily divers. The mob that can slow down the buffet and service doesn't seem to hit until 8-9:30 AM. I guess some people like to sleep in on their vacations. Personally, I'll get more than enough sleep when I'm dead and buried. Never understood why people get up early to go to work and then sleep in when on vacation. I get up earlier when on vacation than I do going to work.

Okay, it sounds like no issue having a small breakfast at CM and having plenty of time to get to the pier. I am an early riser anyway, so I can have all my stuff organized and ready to go. I guess it does sound silly to say "I hate being rushed but I do lol - and some places I've been, breakfast is not ready when they say, and you're waiting, etc. so wasn't sure what the deal is here. Thanks everyone.

I don't know which one is which regarding Skinny and Loan, but Iike the one with holes for the tanks so both your tanks are right there and on a less than full boat the hole is a great place to store stuff.
Both are set up just about identical with the spare tanks in holes on the bench seat and the active tank with gear held by tank clips directly inboard. The only real difference is the Skinny is wider, both are running 350 HP Yamaha's.

We dive with Jupiter Dive Center in Jupiter, FL and there's always snacks on the boat.

Rainbow Reef Dive Center in Key Largo provides us with snacks as well. Usually cookies :clapping:

You are correct and I forgot about those cookies. The couple of times I dove with Amy Slate's they had some fruit, too. My point, perhaps poorly articulated, was that in Cozumel it is very common for something to be provided (almost every op I have used) and in Florida, it seems to be far less common.

I don't know which one is which regarding Skinny and Loan

Both are set up just about identical with the spare tanks in holes on the bench seat and the active tank with gear held by tank clips directly inboard.

My dive log was lost when my laptop had a physical crash (I dropped it on a tile floor) so I lost my notes. However, I do remember one of those two boats seems to accommodate setting up, and holding up, a back plate and wing easier than the other. Or could it be where I was stationed in the boat? @gopbroek you were on one of those boats sporting an eye patch, and the next time we were on the same boat, you were sans patch. I was staying at Villa las Anclas and you came over to the pool for a beer.

Some boats in the UK do pasties for lunch but most do nothing other than hot drinks.

Whenever we used to ask one skipper if he was doing any food, he tell us it was a dive boat not a restaurant, though he was a lot more sweary. Obviously we used to ask every trip.

My dive log was lost when my computer had a physical crash (I dropped it on a tile floor) so I lost my notes. However, I do remember one of those two boats seems to accommodate setting up, and holding up a back plate and wing easier than the other. Or could it be where I was stationed in the boat? @gopbroek you were on one of those boats sporting an eye patch, and the next time we were on the same boat, you were sans patch. I was staying at Villas las Anclas.
Yes my eye (6th optic nerve) healed up after about 90 days. I think its more to do with the station, further forward on either if its choppy its best to secure the tank with a bungee as the weight of a rig (particularly a steel BP) can cause them to pitch forward from the mount.

Here's a little tip for the CM "after coffee" crowd...

They have a limited number of coffee pots for their guests to use in their rooms. If you are very friendly to them, (which I am - always) and if you ask them very nicely, (which I do - always), they will happily furnish you with a coffee maker.

Although I am an early riser, my gear is always ready to go the night before. That leaves me plenty of time to make a pot of coffee and sit out on the balcony drinking a cup or two while watching the cruise ships come to life before breakfast time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom