Recommendations - Great Barrier Reef from Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to dive southern GBR Friday 3/26 & AM 3/27. Will depart Sydney PM 3/25 to Brisbane and hope can grab early AM high speed Ferry Fri & Sat AM returning back to Sydney Sat night.

Looking for recommendations 1) Dive operator 2) Overnight stay Thurs/Fri night in Brisbane. Is there dive operator can coordinate Diving, Ferry, Gear rental and overnight stay? Or are there overnight live aboards?

This is the best laugh I have had today :) Reminds me of my wifes relatives that wanted to day trip to Ayres Rock

Are you wanting to dive out of Brisbane of the GBR? If the latter then you need to be looking at Cairns really as that's the main area. Plenty to choose from day or over nigh trip.

I wonder whether he already booked that flight without checking first.

But there should be time to change it for Cairns :wink:

12E8791F-7068-4BAB-AB07-30A82F32DEA0.jpeg

Haha everyone. Someone suggested catching a High speed ferry from Brisbane to southern edge of GBR. Said something about platforms dive operators have where boats moore. didnt' think there were places to overnight in area which is why thought had to do as day trips.

I since found a live aboard that does 2d/1n out of Cairns so will go that route. Fly out of Sydney Thurs night and back to Sydney Sat night.

I didn't book any air yet so good to go.

Just looking at options..

Heya,

There's quite a few options for departure from Cairns but your limited time makes it more tricky. Coral Sea Dreaming does 2D/1N liveaboards.

Another option you could consider is going to Port Douglas, an hour or so above Cairs and do 2 day trips with a dive shop there. For example: QuickSilver Cruises

Enjoy Australia, it's becoming my second home and I love it.

Back
Top Bottom