Conshelf XIV hose routing, primary donate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcp2

15’ vis is a good day in the pond
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've acquired a middle model Conshelf XIV first stage with 3 LP ports and 1 HP port. With the HP port at 12 o'clock, the LP ports are at 2, 4, and 6 o'clock. I came across an older thread where it was suggested that this port layout was prior to the standardization of SPG and inflator on left, primary and secondary on right, and worked best with SPG and primary on right, secondary and inflator on left (at least for modern BC), and with the secondary on the left, it would lead to easier use of the secondary by a separate diver. Of course, with primary donate, the secondary becomes the primary. and the primary the secondary, so to speak. I gave this a try, with the SPG on the right, the bungeed secondary on a short hose on the right, the inflator on the left, and the primary on a long hose under the left arm. I have a swivel on the primary, so it seems to work out. It's just looks a bit awkward having the primary long hose run under the left arm, under the inflator, and then crossing across the midline a bit to the right (even with a swivel). Is this a failed experiment? My other Conshelf XIV has 4 LP ports with the additional port at 8 o'clock, so it's easier to set up the standard way.

Like this:

IMG-0391.jpg

IMG-0393.jpg

The inflator hose is way too long in the photo, it is just what I had at the time. This unit now sports Miflex braided hoses and the routing all works nicely. If you cannot tell, put a 90 degree LP swivel on the first stage for the inflator hose. From there, the clocking is no different than what I do with my first generation Titan LX Supreme. The unit in the photo is a mid generation Conshelf XIV Supreme, other than being a Supreme, it is what you have.

I am pretty sure I sent it to you with the LP 90 degree swivel?

James

That was how I had it set up at first. And yes, thanks for the elbow. I was running into the issue of the short hose for the secondary bungee regulator either being too short and not being able to look left, or too long and hanging off my right shoulder and catching when I looked left. This was all done dry, and I suspect that in the water, my tank will be higher on my back so this will be a non issue.

I've acquired a middle model Conshelf XIV first stage with 3 LP ports and 1 HP port. With the HP port at 12 o'clock, the LP ports are at 2, 4, and 6 o'clock. I came across an older thread where it was suggested that this port layout was prior to the standardization of SPG and inflator on left, primary and secondary on right, and worked best with SPG and primary on right, secondary and inflator on left (at least for modern BC), and with the secondary on the left, it would lead to easier use of the secondary by a separate diver. Of course, with primary donate, the secondary becomes the primary. and the primary the secondary, so to speak. I gave this a try, with the SPG on the right, the bungeed secondary on a short hose on the right, the inflator on the left, and the primary on a long hose under the left arm. I have a swivel on the primary, so it seems to work out. It's just looks a bit awkward having the primary long hose run under the left arm, under the inflator, and then crossing across the midline a bit to the right (even with a swivel). Is this a failed experiment? My other Conshelf XIV has 4 LP ports with the additional port at 8 o'clock, so it's easier to set up the standard way.
The design of the Conshelf xiv was with 3 lp and 1 hp port. It was design so when it is on a tank all ports kind of point the hoses this way: as you look at the adjustment screw 1st lp is you main 2nd stg the next lp is the octopus the next port is the inflator hose and the last is the hp port for you spg this routes all hoses correctly. Think as if 2 ports are 90 degrees to the valve and 2 ports at 45 degrees call me for more details or pics Jerrie www.diverdowndhr.com 419-534-0714 and lets talk

Back
Top Bottom