Thoughts on Tres Pelicanos vs Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is pretty rude. I have to say that 3P is quickly becoming the "OK Boomer" OP. When we were there in the fall all the regulars were having a major hissy fit because they couldn't be on the boat they wanted. In order to accommodate the Boomers, when my group of 4 were diving in the afternoon, we often had to remove all our gear at lunch and switch to another boat for the afternoon. When we mentioned to Pony this really made no sense, Steve had to crack down on the Boomers and remind them the ocean is the same no matter which boat you back roll off. There was much grumbling. It was hilarious watching people board the Skinny Shark acting like they were getting on makeshift rift and then loudly complaining they didnt like this boat. Then they start bragging how they dive with 3P 3 times a year and this is the best op on the island. Its quite hilarious.

You neglect to say that Skinny Shark has a wider beam than Loan Shark. Some people like the extra room when you have to get up and move around. I'm not quite a boomer, but I would prefer to dive off of Skinny Shark.

That is pretty rude. I have to say that 3P is quickly becoming the "OK Boomer" OP. When we were there in the fall all the regulars were having a major hissy fit because they couldn't be on the boat they wanted. In order to accommodate the Boomers, when my group of 4 were diving in the afternoon, we often had to remove all our gear at lunch and switch to another boat for the afternoon. When we mentioned to Pony this really made no sense, Steve had to crack down on the Boomers and remind them the ocean is the same no matter which boat you back roll off. There was much grumbling. It was hilarious watching people board the Skinny Shark acting like they were getting on makeshift rift and then loudly complaining they didnt like this boat. Then they start bragging how they dive with 3P 3 times a year and this is the best op on the island. Its quite hilarious.

That is pretty funny. I personally prefer the Skinny Shark over the Loan Shark but I've no issue diving from either one. At the end of the day, the friggin' boat is nothing more than a transport to and from the dive sites. Both boats are great. Those who may complain about the Loan Shark having a beam that is 1' less than the Skinny Shark... Where the heck have they been diving? The slightly narrower Loan Shark is still an on-water Limo compared to most small packs offered on Cozumel and at other dive destinations around the world!

The Skinny and the Loan Shark are the same base hull. As best as I can figure all the `Shark' hulls are of common origin. At some point the Skinny was modified during an overhaul by splitting it lengthwise and adding all new hardwood ribs which widened it by about 18 inches and then it was used for the cross channel trade. I love the Skinney and hope someday Steve will modify the Loan in a similar manner (basically remanufacturing the boat in a major overhaul) but in the mean time I have no problem driving off the Loan and often ask to be switched to it so I can dive with Campeche as captain.

That is pretty funny. I personally prefer the Skinny Shark over the Loan Shark but I've no issue diving from either one. At the end of the day, the friggin' boat is nothing more than a transport to and from the dive sites. Both boats are great. Those who may complain about the Loan Shark having a beam that is 1' less than the Skinny Shark... Where the heck have they been diving? The slightly narrower Loan Shark is still an on-water Limo compared to most small packs offered on Cozumel and at other dive destinations around the world!
I feel like you. Skinny is better, but both are good.

It is a derogatory term for entitled baby boomers.

I'm happy to announce that I am not an entitled "Boomer". I happily reside in my X generation. However, a recent long flight from Dallas to Kona Hawaii left me with swollen ankles I've never seen before. I mean, I had no ankles left. I googled it as I thought there was something wrong with me. I guess sitting in a seat for 7 hours and not moving isn't good for you and is nothing to worry about. They went back to normal after a night's sleep on the island. I'm considering buying pressure socks for future long flights in steerage... 1st class has those pods and beds to recline in. No such thing in steerage crammed in to that little seat for 7 hours.

I'm happy to announce that I am not an entitled "Boomer". I happily reside in my X generation. However, a recent long flight from Dallas to Kona Hawaii a left me with swollen ankles the likes of which I've never seen before. I googled it as I thought there was something wrong with me. I guess sitting in a seat for 7 hours and not moving isn't good for you and is nothing to worry about. They went back to normal after a night's sleep on the island.

Did Google also tell you that you were also close to a cardiac event?

Did Google also tell you that you were also close to a cardiac event?

I need to stay off Google. Every time I search a health issue on Google it ends up being cancer. My Dr. told me to stop self diagnosing and searching because I'll end up with cancer all the time. Swollen ankles and legs are apparently quite common on long flights and they go back to normal in a day... Nothing to worry about, perfectly normal, and could have been prevented had I got up and walked around every hour or so instead of sitting there for 7 hours in a low atmospheric pressure environment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom