MCH-6 low fill rate and O2%

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my RIX SA3, the easy 3rd stage piston kit includes the assembled piston and insertion tool and costs over $700. Since I had actually broken a piston, I had to buy a new one. But I discovered if I bought the piston and rings separately and assembled them myself, it cost half as much. When repairs get into the $700 range, and a brand new Coltri is $2995, you begin wondering if you should scrap the old and buy a new one. It was a close call but for approx. $350 in parts, I got the RIX back up to running as good as new... So it was worth it. The thing is, a lot of my repairs have been a guess as to whether the thing I was repairing is what was causing whatever problem I was chasing. I enjoy figuring stuff out. But, I have to say I'm not so sure I have saved much money buying used and fixing up! (A brand new Coltri MCH-6 or MAxAir 35 could be paid off in a year at $250 a month).

This has been a fun project to work on so I’m not throwing in the towel however I’ve defiantly reached the point of diminished return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom