Understanding Nitrox using DiveSafe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Costas Bakopanos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nitrox comes often with many misconceptions and myths:

- can I dive deeper ?
- can I stay longer ?
- is it safer ?
- does it feel better ?

It is essential in understanding Nitrox to clearly master the basics or what is called Dalton’s triangle: best mix, mod and partial pressures.

Try out DiveSafe Nitrox, a fully functional recreational mobile app available for iOS and Trimix.

https://www.dive-safe.app

Konstantinos Bakopanos

The paid version is ONLY intended for technical divers using trimix and doing gas blending, so unless you need really needed skip this download!

Attachments

• 6E954936-7A79-49BD-849F-4868CA323ED5.png
    6E954936-7A79-49BD-849F-4868CA323ED5.png
    96 KB · Views: 96
  • 9DBB1CA6-D9AD-40BC-BCCF-38256579128F.png
    9DBB1CA6-D9AD-40BC-BCCF-38256579128F.png
    89 KB · Views: 114
Nice, easy Nitrox reference, I like it. Only 2 things:

The font is sort of hard to read...

Any chance of adding a Rock Bottom Gas planning function?

Nice, easy Nitrox reference, I like it. Only 2 things:

The font is sort of hard to read...

Any chance of adding a Rock Bottom Gas planning function?

thanks for the feedback!

1. I assume you are using Android, and yes we are looking for another font. We got some more complaints. Expect update in no more than a month.

2. Rock Bottom Gas planning function? I think I know what you mean and it's under development expected in March update.
We will add a recreational profile, descent, bottom, ascent, safety stop including tank size and surface consumption settings.
We don't call it "Rock Bottom Gas planning function" but I guess this is what you mean?
example: if NDL is 9 min then bottom time in the dive plan would be NDL (mins) minus depth (m) / 15 (m/min)
assuming descent rate 15 m/min...
Similar for imperial....

2. Rock Bottom Gas planning function? I think I know what you mean and it's under development expected in March update.
We will add a recreational profile, descent, bottom, ascent, safety stop including tank size and surface consumption settings.
We don't call it "Rock Bottom Gas planning function" but I guess this is what you mean?
example: if NDL is 9 min then bottom time in the dive plan would be NDL (mins) minus depth (m) / 15 (m/min)
assuming descent rate 15 m/min...
Similar for imperial....

Yeah, same same. Calculating Turn-Around pressure based on Depth, "1 Min problem solving", Ascent time, Safety stop, + Reserve Pressure calculations for Two Divers (Diver and Buddy) to return safely to the surface.... (based on SAC/RMV rate and Cylinder).

Would that still be included within the Nitrox portion, or would that be in under the Technical "version"?

Edit: and yes, regarding the Font, on Android.

Yeah, same same. Calculating Turn-Around pressure based on Depth, "1 Min problem solving", Ascent time, Safety stop, + Reserve Pressure calculations for Two Divers (Diver and Buddy) to return safely to the surface.... (based on SAC/RMV rate and Cylinder).

Would that still be included within the Nitrox portion, or would that be in under the Technical "version"?

Edit: and yes, regarding the Font, on Android.

All features useful for recreational diving will be always fully available and always for free.
The tec version is paid and is intended strictly for tec diving.

$36, that ain't happening. Good luck though.

Dear Mike I agree and share your thoughts.
The technical version is a bit expensive and this is the reason we only recommend it to tec divers.

Developing an app is quite an investment.
We took the decision to offer completely for free the recreational version and continue to offer features needed by recreational divers for free.

Technical divers, especially trimix gas blenders can benefit a lot from the paid version and so far we have many tec divers downloading.

All features useful for recreational diving will be always fully available and always for free.
The tec version is paid and is intended strictly for tec diving.

Excellent! I like the Nitrox part of the app so far, looking forwards to further development, Thanks! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom