Does anyone have REE for LP72 Noris?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rnln

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone has REE for it, please let me have a copy. I appreciate it.
LP72 Noris dated 5-66
ICC-3AA2250
HN 3183
5-66

Thank you

Sorry, they don't exist. REEs were only published for the purposes of plus rating much later.

Sorry, they don't exist. REEs were only published for the purposes of plus rating much later.

That is my purpose, for the + rating. Thanks.

That is my purpose, for the + rating. Thanks.
The only way to get a plus rating is to non destructively measure the wall thickness (ultrasonically) at least 20+ times. Derive the average wall thickness and apply it to the formulas in the CFRs. Then find a sympathetic hydro tester willing to check your math and use your results to apply the plus.

The only way to get a plus rating is to non destructively measure the wall thickness (ultrasonically) at least 20+ times. Derive the average wall thickness and apply it to the formulas in the CFRs. Then find a sympathetic hydro tester willing to check your math and use your results to apply the plus.

By reading here, and by multiple hydro techs I talked to, they all indicated that they need REE to be able to test for + rating, and they don't have it for Noris.

The only person I know that has a + rating for these is a professional engineer who provided his own calculations and professional license certification... The cost to have someone do this far exceeds the marginal utility of your tank...

YMMV

By reading here, and by multiple hydro techs I talked to, they all indicated that they need REE to be able to test for + rating, and they don't have it for Noris.
Yes most hydro shops are not going to accept your hand derived REE even if you are a licensed engineer specializing in materials science - they want a number published by the manufacturer to cover their butts. Norris never published these so you are SOL.

rjack321 described how you can establish the REE number yourself. honestly, it is a lot of extra effort for little gain.

Oh I see. I understand rjack321 explaining the technical, but it is not some thing I can do nor have the tools. Beside, they want official document. Thanks.

Yes most hydro shops are not going to accept your hand derived REE even if you are a licensed engineer specializing in materials science - they want a number published by the manufacturer to cover their butts. Norris never published these so you are SOL.

So that means who are getting the + are those with not a Noris tank?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom