Roatan Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCorgi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I just booked the Roatan Aggressor and was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for a sea sick prone diver such as myself. Does the boat sway a lot? Any particular room location would be better? It appears we dive right off the back also so no dingys or zodiacs?

Is there Wifi or any way to have internet? Yes, I'm sorry I'm that annoying person that can't disconnect. In my defense it's not work I'm worried about as much as I want to play my games during surface intervals. haha.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

My group went in July 2019. We had the whole boat. It was a bit windy but the captain did a great job finding sheltered spots to dive. Only one person got seasick, and this was a non-diver.

All diving is off the stern of the mothership. I don’t think any cabin would be better than any other for sea sickness. I don’t recall much or any transitting at night.

There is no boat-provided WiFi. If you are in range of shore, you should get a mobile signal most of the time.

Tip: if you have free time on your last day (probably only a half-day of diving) consider visiting the sloth sanctuary. The boat arranged a van to take about six of us there, and I was surprised how much I liked it.

"...any tips or suggestions for a sea sick prone diver such as myself. Does the boat sway a lot? Any particular room location would be better?

The general rule of thumb if you are prone to sea sickness is to get a room that is somewhere in the middle of the boat. LOBs are not cruise ships of course, and general try to avoid rough seas wherever possible.

Dramamine (gravol) is your best bet for sea sickness, but it can cause drowsiness, among other side affects. Ideally, you will get your sea legs within the first day or so.

My group went in July 2019. We had the whole boat. It was a bit windy but the captain did a great job finding sheltered spots to dive. Only one person got seasick, and this was a non-diver.

All diving is off the stern of the mothership. I don’t think any cabin would be better than any other for sea sickness. I don’t recall much or any transitting at night.

There is no boat-provided WiFi. If you are in range of shore, you should get a mobile signal most of the time.

Tip: if you have free time on your last day (probably only a half-day of diving) consider visiting the sloth sanctuary. The boat arranged a van to take about six of us there, and I was surprised how much I liked it.
Thank you JPEG. I appreciate the tip. I was wondering what I could do my last day. It says we dock at 8 but my flight is at 2pm so I doubt there's much other than a local lunch. I wanted to spend an extra day but I'm flying American using miles and the flight on Sunday is United and quite expensive so I have to just go :(

The general rule of thumb if you are prone to sea sickness is to get a room that is somewhere in the middle of the boat. LOBs are not cruise ships of course, and general try to avoid rough seas wherever possible.

Dramamine (gravol) is your best bet for sea sickness, but it can cause drowsiness, among other side affects. Ideally, you will get your sea legs within the first day or so.
Thank you ontdiver. I will do just about anything to scuba dive so even if I'm puking all day I get in the water. haha. My liveaboard in Komodo gave me something that worked pretty well for me, I wish I knew what it was the generic for. I think it was bonine.

Although everyone is different, I don't think that you will miss being connected too much. On just about every LOB that I have been on, the surface intervals were spent talking with the other divers about the dive that just happened or telling (tall) tales about past trips. If you are diving NITROX, you will need to analyze your tank.

Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom