Casa Mexicana or Villa Escondida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magda's always served me her "full Mexican" breakfast at 7 AM even when I'm the only diver (maybe I'm special :wink:). Plenty of time to chat with David over coffee and bounce over to 3P by 7:40 load up time for the morning boats. I always have my stuff together before I go down for breakfast...no dawdling. :bounce::bounce::bounce: If you have any questions, just drop them an email. Magda is very professional & responsive. Have fun, whatever/whoever/wherever you choose. :)

The Villa is $733 including taxes. Tres P quoted $1387 for 7 nights at CM and 5 days/2 tank diving including nitrox (or $1787 for 6 days diving). Separate pricing for diving at Tres P is $350pp according to website.
That $350 is before taxes -- it's $406 per person with taxes (Afforable Cozumel Scuba Diving | Dive with Tres Pelicanos). Nitrox is $10 per tank. Still a good deal -- we really like diving with 3P.

maybe I'm special :wink:
We all know you are special :) (and a well established guest).

Bottom line for me. If I wasn’t staying ocean front and Magda had room, I would choose her over CM, even with the abbreviated breakfast. And then there is the puppy although I guess she’s not a puppy any more.

Thanks everyone - both places sound like a great fit. I was leaning a little more towards the Villa, but hearing that we may not get the benefit of breakfast due to early rise and diving will probably put us at Casa Mexicana. I will check with the Villa and try to find out more details on breakfast and times.

The Villa is $733 including taxes. Tres P quoted $1387 for 7 nights at CM and 5 days/2 tank diving including nitrox (or $1787 for 6 days diving). Separate pricing for diving at Tres P is $350pp according to website.

If my calculations are correct, it'd be $1433 to stay at the Villa (breakfast? per another op you may miss breakfast if getting up early) versus $1387 to stay at CM, both with 5 days diving with Tres P. Does not appear to be a big difference, and both places are close to Tres P, Aldora, etc.

Appreciate everyone's input :)
If it’s a viable option for you always ask about a cash discount when you are negotiating prices.

I think @uncfnp has pretty much nailed it in her original post! Regarding the breakfast situation at Villa Escondida, I may be her second hand reference- in addition to others? My wife and I dive with Blue XT Sea and our departure time from the downtown Aldora pier is promptly at 8am. Magda does an abbreviated breakfast beginning at 7am for those that have an early departure time in the morning. This breakfast is still excellent and enough for us, but her full blown "Mexican" inspired dishes don't start until 8am- which would put you outside of both Aldora and Blue XT Sea departure times. Here is my most recent trip report from a couple of months ago that covers some of your questions: Trip Report: Cozumel-- November 17-25, 2019
Thank you, I am also inquiring with Christi at Blue XT Sea. The 3 dive ops I'm considering are Aldora, 3Ps and Blue XT Sea. I am going to read your report now!

Back
Top Bottom