Scubapro GO Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the go sport I use a boot, the flexible foot pocket allows me to use from 3mm boots up to drysuit boots, with the regular go I use a neoprene sock for multi day diving.
Hey, Lexvil. I love to see other big feety divers. I'm a size 16 and have been looking at the go sport. What other fins have you had success with, and what bc ya got? I'm assuming youre a tall fellow. I'm 6'8" and I'm always trying to find crap that'll fit. Right now I have the atomic split fins. They are a tad small. I also bought the Nova gorilla seawing, but I don't care for the kick action of that super stiff blade.

Hey, Lexvil. I love to see other big feety divers. I'm a size 16 and have been looking at the go sport. What other fins have you had success with, and what bc ya got? I'm assuming youre a tall fellow. I'm 6'8" and I'm always trying to find crap that'll fit. Right now I have the atomic split fins. They are a tad small. I also bought the Nova gorilla seawing, but I don't care for the kick action of that super stiff blade.
I’m short, 6’5” I use a backplate and wing, it’s modular so you set it up just the way you like it like not using one piece webbing, I set mine up differently than everyone else (few exceptions) with a separate belt and shoulder straps with a chest strap and weight pouches on the belt, search “H” harness.

Fins; I’ve tried almost everything out there but you have to try them on with whatever “boots” you wear. I modify most of the generic off the shelf stuff one way or another. I have Hollis drysuit boots than I had to bring the sides of the sole down to fit my XL Eddy fins and they also work fine with the scubapro GO Sport in XL. You may want to look at Sherwood triton for longer easy kick but powerful fins, seawing nova gorilla are nice too, you will get used to the kick but it is a lot different.

Has anyone tried the Travel version of these with boots at all? I normally use Avanti Quattro Excels but am planning a trip next spring and there is no way those big boys are going in my luggage. Will be doing mostly shore diving so will be packing my Mares Classic 5mm boots for scrambling in and out. The Sport version here is literally twice the price of the Travel, so dont want to go for the sport if there's no meaningful difference.
The only way to know is try them, I can wear neoprene socks with my XL GO’s and maybe something with a soft bendy sole will also work for easy shore or boat dives.

Has anyone made a comparison of the SP Go Sport fins with Apeks RK3?
I was thinking of buying some for travel as they're about 1kg lighter per pair than the RK3s, but not sure if the the weight saving is worth buying them for.
I rather deal with carrying more weight if my RK3s perform better than the Go Sports.
Cheers,
Rob

Hi guys. Just picked up a new pair of go sports. I was planing on getting the go travel in size larger, for using a boot. And it ended up being to tight with a boot and too lose with bare feet.

So tried a go sport, with delta 5mm boot and felt superb. And still had place for a bigger boot.

RK3 were much softer than the go sports. Roughly same size with similar foot pockets, but GS are more comfortable since the footbed extends under your heel.

Overall, I preferred the feel on the foot and in hand of the GS. The RK3 HD are different and much better than the regular RK3 compared to the GS.

Didn't get the chance to try the RK3, but compared to Marea Avanti Quattros I usually use and a off brand jet fin I once used I liked the feel of the Go travel I tried. The GS felt even stiffer and more like an extension then the Quattros I used. The compact size and lightness are alo great for travel.

I use 44EU, 29cm.

The combo is Scubapro Delta 5 in XL and the fins are L.

I also found them usable with a 3mm sock too.

Strange to see so many positive reports as when I tried these fins I did not like them. The flutter kick is indeed ultra fast (faster than Mares Avantiquattro I think) but the frog is miserable compared to Jet-style fins, especially swimming backwards (using Deep6 Eddy I back-frog with almost the same speed as forward-frog), maybe even worse than Avantiquattros.
Did anyone feel the same?

Strange to see so many positive reports as when I tried these fins I did not like them. The flutter kick is indeed ultra fast (faster than Mares Avantiquattro I think) but the frog is miserable compared to Jet-style fins, especially swimming backwards (using Deep6 Eddy I back-frog with almost the same speed as forward-frog), maybe even worse than Avantiquattros.
Did anyone feel the same?
Not every fin works with everyone, I find they are excellent for frog kick but better for flutter than anything that works better for frog, a good all around fin. For me with the frog kick they are nearly equal to the eddy, for flutter on long surface swims they beat the eddy.

I'm interested to see how they work out for me. I just picked up a pair to save travel weight vs. my Jets.

Waiting to order mine.. they are not available in my country in white, hopefully I will be able to get them by March.

I just scooped a set of GS, black with orange skegs. Will compare them next weekend against my Quattros. I had been drooling over the Eddy Fins for a long time, but they simply aren't available in the Philippines, and I don't see any practical way to get 'em any time soon, so GS it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom