Galapagos- only possible on liveaboards? Or any short trips possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZombieZombie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wife and I are planning on a kayaking trip to Galapagos and didn't want to leave without diving.

However a very quick search online didn't find any short trips.

Our kayak trip starts and ends in San Cristobal- and we were hoping to pick up a 1-2 day trip from there. However all of the operators seem to be liveaboards of at least 7 days duration.

Anyone know if shorter trips are a thing? Or is the 7-day liveaboard the only way to do it?

most of the dive shops are on santa cruz, but it looks like there is galapagos blue evolution on san cristobal. doesn't look like kicker rock gets the same kind of action you can at gordon rocks off santa cruz. if you can at least make it to santa cruz, consider going with one of the shops there instead to try and get out to gordon rocks.

most of the dive shops are on santa cruz, but it looks like there is galapagos blue evolution on san cristobal. doesn't look like kicker rock gets the same kind of action you can at gordon rocks off santa cruz. if you can at least make it to santa cruz, consider going with one of the shops there instead to try and get out to gordon rocks.

Much appreciated. I'll dig into that. This is exactly the sort of info I was hoping to get. Many thanks.

I was land based during my Galapagos trip and did 3 days of diving. I dove with Scuba Iguana in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz and they were amazing! Very safe and organized. The dive sites are far though so plan a full day, but it was worth it.

I did the Galapagos by live-aboard a few years ago and it ruined me for travel diving since. That said, you cannot make it to the really good spots like Wolf, Darwin, Fernandina, etc on day boats. The dives we did near the ports were definitely sub-par by comparison.

Wife and I are planning on a kayaking trip to Galapagos and didn't want to leave without diving.

However a very quick search online didn't find any short trips.

Our kayak trip starts and ends in San Cristobal- and we were hoping to pick up a 1-2 day trip from there. However all of the operators seem to be liveaboards of at least 7 days duration.

Anyone know if shorter trips are a thing? Or is the 7-day liveaboard the only way to do it?

You are SCUBA divers & will be in San Cristobal (where most of the liveaboard start & finish) and you won’t go on a liveaboard? What a waste of a trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom