Roatan Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCorgi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I just booked the Roatan Aggressor and was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for a sea sick prone diver such as myself. Does the boat sway a lot? Any particular room location would be better? It appears we dive right off the back also so no dingys or zodiacs?

Is there Wifi or any way to have internet? Yes, I'm sorry I'm that annoying person that can't disconnect. In my defense it's not work I'm worried about as much as I want to play my games during surface intervals. haha.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

I don't remember much about boat motion (but I'm not very prone to seasickness). If things go well there is a fairly long traversal to Utila. I find taking a gravol and lying down gets though that with no fuss.

No WiFi. There is satellite internet, but that's only for email, and it's expensive. I guess you'll have to start training for withdrawal, or download games before your trip :cool:

Yes, you dive off the back of the boat. The dive deck is fine (standard aggessor layout, just showers and ladders on the dive deck).

Get yourself some scopal patches and ginger chews. There are some holistic tablets that may work well.::eek:r could just be a placebo effect... it’s Roatan so it shouldn’t be that bad:

Thank you both. This will be my first Aggressor. I did a livdaboard in Komodo and the water was very smooth but it still took me a day to adjust. I wasn't well the first day and a half.

I tell ya there is nothing worse than being a sea sick prone scuba junkie.

Enjoy and please post a report when you get back! That is one of the boats we don't often see review for.

I know most people like to do land based in Roatan, but the Aggressor has always looked attractive to me because of the amount of dives that can be packed in. Plus, if I did land based, I would want the fiancee to join me, and I have heard that the bugs can be very bad. That is grounds for immediate rejection!

Have a great, safe trip

Back
Top Bottom