Scubapro Regs - What's in the box?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I recently purchased a set of regs from an online retailer here in Australia and I'm suspecting I didn't get everything that should have been in the original packages.

I ordered:
- MK25 Evo 1st stage
- S620Ti 2nd stage
- R195 occy

They offered to assemble, which I accepted (perhaps in hindsight I shouldn't have as this gives license to open everything)...

What I can't find online is exactly what comes in the retail packaging for these products. So I cannot go back to the shop and say you need to provide these missing items.

It came assembled in a box for another model - A700. So the packaging has the wrong serial number. No packaging for the occy.
No paperwork (manuals, warranty info etc). I've seen videos online of the occy coming with a retainer clip? None provided with mine again I'm not sure if this is included.

Can anyone help list off what should be in each box?
Cheers.

I got the same setup in store a little while back (and love it, you’re in for a great reg!)

And got:

manuals for products,
Box for the s260 and mk25 (it was a set),
Bag for R195,
An Allen key,
Octo retaining clip,
Port plugs

sounds like they may have kept the plugs and manuals, as well as the clip.

Following up, the plugs probably won’t be an issue as you’ll need a 2nd stage/octo on there all the time. It’s a bummer they didn’t keep them in though.

I think you can get the manuals online, and in all honesty I use a piece of shock cord over the plastic clip they offer. I find the scubapro one kind of fiddly. So in that case it’s not much of a loss. Hopefully it was cheaper than locally to make up for the inconvenience

Thanks for the quick reply. Gives me some ammo when I call for them to explain themselves.

Actually the plugs that were removed for assembly were in the box.

I know the manuals are all available online but I'm a bit of a stickler. I mean if I think of a scenario where I want to sell them on in 2 years I'd like to provide all documents and packaging if I can. It'd look a bit dodgy if I'm boxing it in an A700 with different serial. And when you're dropping thousands of $ (I also bought a computer) you expect better.

What's the R195 bag? As in it doesn't come in a box?

Hi,
I ordered:
- MK25 Evo 1st stage
- S620Ti 2nd stage
- R195 occy

Can anyone help list off what should be in each box?

Inside the MK25/S620 box there is a packet with some information and a hex wrench that fits the port plugs. There will not be a hex wrench in the R195 box. The serial numbers are on the regulators, so the boxes are not necessarily needed, although they are technically yours.

What's the R195 bag? As in it doesn't come in a box?

I’m realizing I didn’t read the post carefully. I picked up a r095 and they’re packaged differently.

upload_2020-2-14_15-10-32.jpeg

yours should have been in a box, which holds the grey retaining clip

It appears that Scubapro and their dealers consider
  1. Their regulators worth their weight in gold (not disputing, but merely stating) - hence appearance of the security of external packaging (and customer assurance) is overlooked
  2. The move to eco-packaging also means tossing out any chance of tamper-proof packaging
I got myself two sets of 1st and 2nd stages last month and while the actual product and build quality looks good ( with one caveat ) I had doubts and anxieties as one package was labelled handwritten “converted to DIN”. So I started frantically googling “Yoke to DIN conversion” for a few days to figure if my new baby had been on the operating table before delivery… everything looks pristine in the end. Looks like Scubapro is such a “household” product or brand that people are opening the original packaging and passing it from hand to hand for admiration before the opportunity to sell it comes about in whatever cardboard box is lying around at hand close by at the time…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom