Good Scuba shop in New York City or Northern Jersey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"If you have to ask the question, you are not the newbie to do it ..."

And he is from NYC. He will probably cross the threads, over torque, or install the O-rings incorrectly. A person who needs to ask how to install the male part into the female part should not assemble a reg without hands-on instruction.

You need stocks and bonds? Or information about a Broadway play? He is probably your go-to guy.

Just say'n,
m

And he is from NYC. He will probably cross the threads, over torque, or install the O-rings incorrectly. A person who needs to ask how to install the male part into the female part should not assemble a reg without hands-on instruction.

You need stocks and bonds? Or information about a Broadway play? He is probably your go-to guy.

Just say'n,
m

Whoah. Are you implying that people from the NYC area don't know how to dive?

I mean, sure, we're not near the ocean like Cincinnati. We don't have all of those World War 2 shipwrecks and U-boats like Dayton. And we don't see whales, sharks or ocean sunfish like they do off the shores of Cleveland.

But we do have pretty good diving in the Gowanus Canal!

:D

You are in luck. Youtube my friend. You need a wrench and the proper size hex key. Just be mindful of keeping proper orientation--make sure the side you put the spg on will in back be on your left when everything is hooked up to the tank.

Hell, if I am using a LDS for airfills and maybe some more training, they would probably be ok assembling it for free. I an sure I might get a response about paying for time/expertise/experience, etc from dive shop supporters, but any charge more than a six pack is overbilling.
Issue is if a LDS touches regulator they may be considered liable for it if there are issues with it. Intermediate pressure and cracking effort should be checked. Cannot expect LDS to do this service for free if purchased elsewhere.

Brooklyn facility closed owner retired

I reckon at least 5 dive stores closed within 30 miles of NYC in 2019. Bad harbinger for 2020.

I reckon at least 5 dive stores closed within 30 miles of NYC in 2019. Bad harbinger for 2020.
We are still open. Located I Yonkers NY. Getting work in Television and movie industry as SAG members for marine coordination / stunt work has helped.

I mean, sure, we're not near the ocean like Cincinnati. We don't have all of those World War 2 shipwrecks and U-boats like Dayton. And we don't see whales, sharks or ocean sunfish like they do off the shores of Cleveland.

But we do have pretty good diving in the Gowanus Canal!

:D

This is probably my most favorite post on all of Scubaboard. Thanks Mike!

It is basically, just putting it all together. See the photo. You think it is doable for a newbie? All parts are new or like new, I do not think I need service, no?

Dr. Mike: For your edification, the statement above came from the OP.

"If you have to ask the question, you are not the newbie to do it ..."

But we do have pretty good diving in the Gowanus Canal!:D

Whoa Doctor!

Keep your powder dry. Talk about an ad hominem response!

Who said anything about New Yorkers not knowing how to dive. I admit, Cincinnati diving sucks; but I did not come from here. Cali diving is really good!

Context dude! Take a smoke, or a zanex (sp) and read what was written in the posts I responded to.

JD has a really good point. If a person has to ask about assembling a regulator setup, they probably should not assemble one without proper hands-on supervision.

My brother was an unlimited tonnage, upon any ocean, master mariner. He is a juris doctor. He has plead cases before the Ninth Circus and the California Supreme Court and WON. He beat Shell Oil.

My brother assemble a regulator? No way man, no way.

If you have to ask how to assemble some pre-threaded fittings together, you probably should not do it.

I have seen NYC from Jersey. There aren't very many mechanics living in those buildings.

cheers,
m

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom