Korea to regulate Scuba...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I contacted the (former) owner of Big Blue 33 down on Jeju to see if there were updates. The law did pass, but it's being implemented slowly, so there are still regulations being added even now. It has created a lot of paperwork and stress for dive shops. He ultimately sold his shop to some Koreans and moved to Indonesia to start a new venture "Big Blue Indonesia". Big Blue 33 took my calls but didn't mention that they are under new management. A couple of the other small English dive shops, English SCUBA training centres in Korea that I've contacted over the past two weeks have disconnected phone numbers and seem to no longer be in business. So, if nothing else, it seems to have driven out most if not all of the foreign run dive shops and English training options here. That's unfortunate.

I'll just have to open my own dive shop then :wink:

Back
Top Bottom