What gives??? SeaLife DC2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with both a strobe and seadragon 2000 (I think). The strobe is what I am counting on for the pictures. But I shoot a lot in NC and there are lots of holes , corners, etc around wrecks so I am operating in low light conditions. The seadragon is used like a flash light to help me see things and enable me to get the desired object in focus and in the right part of the window. Otherwise I would sometimes not even know there was anything there. On a bright coral reef I would turn the seadragon off unless I want to look into a dark recess

It’s been a while since I set mine up, go to shortcut, select WB and push the ok button, maybe try a quick push??
You may be better off contacting SL and let them walk you through it.

I called them and we couldn’t get it to work.

We talk about a kid. So they need to start with basics. Then a sealife will work, or the Olympus TG.
Do you want more, then you need to switch to at least an olympus OMD. But I think this is out of scope for now. You can make good pictures with a cheap camera if you know its limits. I made a picture with a goproclone of less than 200 euro and that picture is now in a museum.
With a dc2000 you can learn basics, don't expect the best quality, but for most divers it will be enough. No raw is a problem for me, but for most divers not. So easy it is.

Not to get people riled up, but right now the best small system is a Olympus TG6 with the single Inon S2000 strobe (IMO). Either the Olympus housing or better, one of the aluminum housings. This camera has good RAW, is exceedingly tough and seems easy to operate with good results especially for macro.

Or get her something used, self plug here, my FIX/S90 rig or some similar outfit. The problem with used is how used is it and can it be serviced. For the young lady who is really into photography, the Olympus TG would be hard to beat as a new starter outfit. And I should not say starter, it is a good little outfit period. Negatives, no real manual control, tiny 1:2.3 sensor. Positives, small, compact, affordable, rugged and possibly flood proofed since the camera is waterproof itself without the housing. And the Inon S2000 strobe is an investment than she can grow with.

N

Back
Top Bottom