Water Temp In Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5mm seems like a lot for 79... I’m usually in shorts and a quick dry shirt for that...lol.

We will be in 7mm's w/ hoods and lavacores. Can't do 4+hrs a day in that cold!

Update on weather: It has been very windy here, this morning major wind, but dying down a bit. VIS was a bit better yesterday afternoon, however talking with a group of divers who dove the other side (Maninit) and it was windy with so-so VIS there yesterday. It does seem cold topside with the wind. Still I am feeling quite comfortable, (in the water), with my 5mm shortie and 3mm hood.

Well, I'm SUPPOSED to be flying to Manila tonight (IAH-TPE-MNL). But, apparently, just today, the Philippines put restrictions on passengers coming from Taiwan b/c they include them as China, so I got a phone call from EVA telling me I would not be allowed to board my flight. I've been on hold for forever attempting to get rerouted. So, for anyone with plans to fly via TPE anytime soon, I'd look into this situation ASAP.

Sorry to hear about your delay. Weather update: winds were blowing hard this am, but have come to a stand still. Ocean is calm, skies are clear, sunny and warm, current is barely noticeable. Temp has dropped to 77F and VIS has gone way down less than 10 meters.

On a somewhat different tangent - I will be in Dauin next week, starting tech training (TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures). For deco dives to 45m, should I bring a 5mm two-piece, or will a 3mm full-length suit be sufficient?

At 45m Deco Dives I'd be more comfortable in 5mm.... In fact, I often see visiting tech divers (backmount doubles with stage bottles) diving dry suit..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom