Coronavirus affecting flights to Singapore or Hong Kong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked a flight over Singapore to Indonesia last week. I am not afraid. The only problem is that the flights going to Asia are getting more and more expensive now. I hope prices drop as soon as flights go again to China.

Odd. One would think that they would be getting cheaper in hopes of encouraging people to fly.

Philippines ONLY quarantine their own national.
Anyone arriving from china, Hong Kong and Macau would NOT be allowed to stay. Actually all flights from these three places have been suspended until further notice.

Philippines also now included Taiwan claiming Taiwan is China. They are better off admitting the Philippines a lot of it has become part of China.

I just booked a flight to Singapore round trip. Prices have held steady in San Francisco as the departure point (round trip) compared to before the issue was announced.
Mines from Amsterdam was 200 euro more expensive in 2 weeks, and since I booked 30 euro more expensive than the price I paid. I would expect a pricedrop, instead of higher prices.

I just booked a flight to Singapore round trip. Prices have held steady in San Francisco as the departure point (round trip) compared to before the issue was announced.

A friend of mine in Padang Bai just told me that there was a good chance that if I fly through Singapore, I might not be allowed into Bali. :eek:

I was looking at flights back to Canada for my annual trip home, Some flights Philippines to Winnipeg are the lowest aI have ever seen them.

My concern is that these all go through China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Korea, Depending on what is happening I may not be able to go home because of quarantine restrictions or if the Philippines restricts foreigners from some places that I would have to pass through.

I think I may book my tickets now and hope I can fly on the dates. Every airline will either allow a cancellation or rebooking if travel restrictions preclude the trip.

I was looking at flights back to Canada for my annual trip home, Some flights Philippines to Winnipeg are the lowest aI have ever seen them.

My concern is that these all go through China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Korea, Depending on what is happening I may not be able to go home because of quarantine restrictions or if the Philippines restricts foreigners from some places that I would have to pass through.

I think I may book my tickets now and hope I can fly on the dates. Every airline will either allow a cancellation or rebooking if travel restrictions preclude the trip.

You are aware that Phillipines won't let any flight from China or Hong Kong land/deplane. I don't think Korea is on the list.

Well, I am at ground zero so here is what is going on in Singapore.

More new cases are being discovered every day. The local infection has already taken place (where as other countries' infected cases are all China Nationals, Singapore already has cross infections among the locals now). This is the latest headline today:

Coronavirus: 3 new cases in Singapore - 2 from Grace Assembly of God church, 1 from DBS

But business is as usual here. More and more people wearing masks on public transits and all the malls/public indoor facilities require body temperature check. But there was frenzy last week where people are cleaning out shelves for rice, toilet papers, and instant noodles.

Anyway, back to OP's question: As of now, I would not worry about transiting through Singapore. if few weeks later the issue gets worse and there is an outbreak of the disease, then the choice will be obvious. As of now, people are still transiting through Singapore without much hassles from their final destination. I just got back from Jakarta last week and I am off to Surabaya tomorrow.

Now, if there is anything to worry, it would be that Indonesia still claims to be coronavirus free......

Back
Top Bottom