Apeks Tech Shorts Long Term Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem... anyway retail price will shoot me down..

Any chance you can copy the review here? Some of us aren't Facebook users, but the info is appreciated :)

@axluba - edited post - there is a new model..... my bad...

Well, for that price tag, such bad reviews of the previous model are disturbing.

What do people use in general XS Scuba (i am assuming these are the highlander often mentioned) or DGS?

Well, for that price tag, such bad reviews of the previous model are disturbing.

What do people use in general XS Scuba (i am assuming these are the highlander often mentioned) or DGS?
I agree but it was a completely different product.

I’m also interested by the second part!

I broke down and bought the 4E Tech shorts... they are really nice! Not cheap but most stuff in scuba that is good is also pricey.

I haven’t seen it in person but I heard that Mares has their XR Tech shorts that made with the same tough material as their Drysuit. Looks good in pictures with a back support like the Apeks. Has anyone tried it?

I haven’t seen it in person but I heard that Mares has their XR Tech shorts that made with the same tough material as their Drysuit. Looks good in pictures with a back support like the Apeks. Has anyone tried it?

Dove the XR shorts last week in Honolulu, overall, I like the material and fit, but after about 5 dives, the right pocket was already splitting a seam with nothing but a spare mask in the pocket.

Great....just bought a pair of the Apeks shorts and they’ll be here on Thursday.

Why couldn’t I have picked bocce ball for my addictive sport?

My Apeks shorts has about a hundred dives and are doing fine. I saw another diver on a week ago and his Apeks had 200 dives with minimal wear. My thoughts are that Apeks got a batch of shorts that were of poor quality; this batch is in use and wearing out. Apeks likely make production changes (e.g. requirements or manufacturer) and has addressed the issue.

I own the Apeks shorts and would buy them again.

GJS

My Apeks shorts has about a hundred dives and are doing fine. I saw another diver on a week ago and his Apeks had 200 dives with minimal wear.

That’s good and hope it stays that way. Monitor the pockets. Check that the pocket fabric material is not Thinning out. If it is, it will break open soon enough. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom