Boat coat in North Sulawesi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In N Sulu the boats are typically covered so you can get away from the wind / rain.
But for the LOB I'd suggest a light wind breaker ... just for those...well... windy wetter days!
Anything "fleecey" just sounds overkill. But if it is what you will wear on the plane then....at least you will get some use of it.

I always take a hoodie with me but never end up wearing it, except on the plane.

I cannot tell you how many times in Indonesia I have surfaced from a cold dive into wind and rain that whipped up while I was underwater. Add to that a 45 minute run in a speed boat and nowhere to shelter... I have been cold, cold, cold. Aint nothing wrong with a tropical/lightweight raincoat during the rainy season.

I've recommended the same but a Boat Coat is another critter!

In N Sulu the boats are typically covered so you can get away from the wind / rain.
But for the LOB I'd suggest a light wind breaker ... just for those...well... windy wetter days!
Anything "fleecey" just sounds overkill. But if it is what you will wear on the plane then....at least you will get some use of it.

I always take a hoodie with me but never end up wearing it, except on the plane.

Exactement!

We were in Palau a few weeks ago. The Dive operator (PDA) offered us jackets and man, they did the trick...they were very light but warmed me up amazingly. I saw a logo on the sleeve, which was H2Oextreme. As soon as I got home, I googled it and found the website with the jackets costing around $ 300. I did find one on another site for $ 75.00. When it arrived, my coworker said "Oh this is so light, it can't be warm." I made her put it on and after 5 minutes she got so warm in it, she totally agreed with me. Waterproof, warm and extremely lightweight....can't wait to take it on my next trip..

I feel the cold. Most of the boats in N Sulawesi are covered but once I got very chilled returning from a night dive in Lembeh in an open speedboat. So I just make sure I have a cover up - and then never use it - except on the plane! The Indonesians have a lovely word for cold - "dingin" - and it is just the right word to say when you've gone off the boat into a "bad" thermocline area. And in the evening - there's nothing like a beer dingin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom