What are your favorite type of dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever your reaction is, I guarantee a large brown cloud in the water column will be part of it. Especially if one sneaks up on you real close. :) I speak from experience.
I was diving off Santa Cruz Island once off the Peace. We were diving a site somewhere along the leeward side and suddenly my dive buddy grabs me violently and starts making all sorts of crazy hand gestures. His eyes were freakishly huge and he looked almost panicked, but he wasn’t, not from diving anyway.
After our dive when we surfaced to find the boat, he asked me if I saw that shark that came right for me and then cut away and sped off right over my head. I said no, I was busy looking for bugs in cracks. So apparently I got buzzed by an 8-10 footer and never even knew it. He didn't Seem to know what type it was. What types besides GW would be around Santa Cruz Island?

Diving in NEW places that doesn't cost me an arm or a leg!!!
Least favourite is macro.

What types besides GW would be around Santa Cruz Island?

I've seen Mako Sharks in that size range around Catalina. They have a real nasty-looking toothy smile. Saw a huge sixgill shark at Anacapa once.

Gee where to start. I have done over 50 shark dives now so I would put that at the top of my list. I am utterly fascinated by them (and I have a very healthy respect for them as well).

But one of my favs is diving with turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom