Dry Suit RockBoots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gr8 Fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI, all!
Hope it is the right sub to post my question.

I have a very high instep and new Dry Suit with socks. So I want two recommendations - can someone recommend good boots with velcro?
And second question - how can I choose the right size? Is it the size of my socks (37eu, btw) or that size plus one?

Thanks!

otter has velcro closure boots, otherwise you can look at hard sole wet boots with velcro. or you can install speed laces on most rock boots.

and how tight are the socks right now with your insulation and foot inside? if it is loose, you may want to go a little smaller.

My socks are fine - not too tight, not too loose. The only problem are boots =)
I was thinking about built-in ones, but nope - I was able to choose between far too big or pain in the instep of my foot.

Otter looks great!

PS I know how right boots must fit, my main problem is being unable to try them at my lds.

What are speed laces? I can find a bunch of stuff on amazon but it looks like the fin would hit directly on it.

Your best bet may be a canvas tennis shoe similar to Converse Chuck Taylors. I like them much more than any rock boots that I have tried. They are much more comfortable and cheaper.

I am currently using my husband converses but I was thinking about it as temporary solution (and it is temporary solution - I definitely need smaller size).
But may be it will be a good idea just to buy a new ones for diving - at least i can try them on my leg before buying =)

Quick Draw Boot Lace System

Great thing - I have similar on my sneakers. And we have a tradition here to visit shops and other places bare footed so I really enjoy it =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom