Clarification requested on Stinapa Marine Park Fee. And anyone need a buddy Nov 11-24?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Friends at Den Laman/Sand Dollar was still handing out plastic tags last week. Glad to have gotten another one for my collection! There was also talk at the shop that eventually plastic tags may be available again for a fee.

So do you still have to sit through a diver briefing and checkout dive?

Yes.

Depends.. I had a 5 min briefing ( don't touch coral, don't kill yourself) and no checkout dive.

I paid and printed mine at Capt. Don's 2 weeks ago then put it on the table in my room. The very 1st shore dive was checked by STINAPA ranger (1st time in 10 yrs) and I did not have it. He logged in on his phone and verified my purchase on his phone, good thing he had a cell signal. Moral to the story - bring it with you!

The $45 is good for all of 2020.

Re an orientation dive, it is mandatory under STINAPA rules for the Marine Park.

"Prior to their first dive in the Marine Park, visiting divers must participate in an
introduction program, which includes an orientation dive, from the location of the
dive center where they obtain their dive tanks or from a location assigned by the
Manager."

where is the link to actually buy the tag / paper cert online? I am on their website and apparently not smart enough to figure it out lol

Back
Top Bottom