Coz in Nov or Dec???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VWJarhead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Getting married(again) in December and instead of a bachelor party I'm looking at a small 2-5 person dive trip to Cozumel. Just a few guys and going on the cheap. Air bnb or cheap rooms, great dives, tacos and tequila... is this a good time of year to dive Cozumel? Only been once and that was in the Spring.

Great time to go. Waters are still warm, and the weather usually cooperates. Stay at Casa Mexicana or one of the sister properties for a nice, cheap and convenient place with a fantastic breakfast.

It'll be busy the week of Thanksgiving then it slows down till the crazy two weeks of Christmas and New Years - The farther into December you get, the more chance of port closing due to weather.

I would do early November if possible. Diving is usually nice then and water still very warm. You want to avoid Thanksgiving week and the Cozumel Ironman week in November. Obviously avoid Christmas and New Years.

Looks like Cozumel Ironman is November 22nd 2020, The week leading up to that will be a mess for hotel rooms. Following week is Thanksgiving (for Americans ) , so anytime from November 1st to 15th is best bet , followed by first two weeks in December which will have more port closure risk due to Nortes

Been several times over ironman/ thanksgiving week including last year. I’ve done the race a couple times and also volunteered a couple times, I think the weather is ideal

if you can get a room booked being there during the ironman isn’t too bad, so long as you aren’t traveling to the airport on race day.

In 2019, we stayed a week after the race, into thanksgiving. The island was utterly dead. Very few tourists, which was odd

Been three times in early December, two of them were pleasant weather with no port-closed days and one was rather cool and rainy with a couple of closed days but we made up the lost diving (doubled up morning/afternoon a few days) and had a great time. That time of year, we always take our boat coats.

Been to Cozumel first week of November and 2nd week of December. Both were great diving and very few people. We got lucky both times with the port not closing, but if it did we’d fine something to keep us occupied!

Be warned they closed the marine park, which has the bulk of the best sites, last November.

I was there last Nov and did not enjoy it with the park closed. There are better places to visit when the park is closed.

Check out the all inclusive pricing at the Occidental Grand....the first two-3 weeks of December! Dive with Pro on sight....free nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom