can I touch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please do not touch anything. Take only memories (and photos), leave only bubbles. N
How about rocks, seaweed, kelp, etc.?-ie the stuff in Northern waters that you really can't damage (I know real tiny things may live in seaweed, and for sure in sand).

and for sure in sand

THE SAND IS LAVA!

Laughing at visuals of people running toward the water all kitted up...LOL

When you find these things, please sell them then donate the money to the less fortunate.

It's tempting to claim 'finders, keepers' but if you're fortunate to be able to afford to dive, then you can certainly donate to the less fortunate.
Maybe not a cheapie reel or smb, but dive watches and underwater ccameras should be sold and proceeds donated to charity.

Thank you

Always.

there's no touching in the champagne room

Whats the generally accepted principles on touchin the lovely underwater creatures? I have this urge to hug every fishie I see....or touch corals...pet any fish that would let me get close to it....i know the difference between a pet and a strangle, so definitely not going to hurt anything...

but in general, first is it safe? Obviously I would not think of using a manta ray's tail like a leash or hugging a huge sea urchin...

IF I saw anyone doing what you suggest I'd cut their airhose. Might you be a troll? Or are you completely clueless?

i'm so bored i'd let you touch me.

With the number of dives the OP has, one would assume he knows what almost all divers feel about touching anything, and probably what everyone would say on scubaboard. But, it is possible he's not trolling since it is natural instinct for people to want to touch things. As a 12 year old snorkeling near San Juan in 1966 I found out it's best not to try to touch a white sea urchin with real sharp spines.

With the number of dives the OP has, one would assume he knows what almost all divers feel about touching anything, and probably what everyone would say on scubaboard. But, it is possible he's not trolling since it is natural instinct for people to want to touch things. As a 12 year old snorkeling near San Juan in 1966 I found out it's best not to try to touch a white sea urchin with real sharp spines.

Number of dives is self reported. OP can say whatever number he wants without ever being in the water or being certified. Someone with that many dives asking that kind of question - nah, it smacks of trolling.

No touch? Well sh*t, there goes several hundred photos and videos of me underwater that I can't post. :)

Anybody remember "Touch the Sea" book by Dee Scarr? Times are a changin'.

Back
Top Bottom