Dry gloves inner liner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cut my wrist seals off so I have no issues with air traveling freely between the suit and gloves. I wear Fourth Element Xerotherm gloves with the Ultima system. When it's really cold I add a pair of wool liners over the Xerotherms.

I have kept my wrist seals for now - still too new to dry gloves to make the leap but loving them so far. I have short 3 - 4 inch tubes for air flow that go right into my drysuit pocket for the next dive. Might throw a few more in the in case I lose one.

I have kept my wrist seals for now - still too new to dry gloves to make the leap but loving them so far. I have short 3 - 4 inch tubes for air flow that go right into my drysuit pocket for the next dive. Might throw a few more in the in case I lose one.
I just trim my seals so they are easy to use and use the material from my undergarment pulled through for equalizing, I always forget to pull the tubes and lose them.

Anything wool. As long as it's available and at a half-decent price.

No cotton unless at gunpoint (and hardly even then), preferably no synthetics.

You want something that doesn't leech the heat from your hands because of moisture/dampness. The insulation is provided by the gas you have in your gloves, not by the liner material.

4E Xerotherm is great for warmth vs dextrity. Outdoor stores have plenty of similar powerstretch gloves available.
In really cold water I use thin merino liner gloves and Hestra Heliski liners under my drygloves. Wrist seals with drygloves hinder circulation and form a cold bridge. Thus I prefer drygloves permanently glued to my suit or attached semipermanently without seals to glove rings like Santi or Sitech ovals. That is a tradeoff between many things, but the preferred way for longer cold dives.

Fourth element has 2 glove liners, a thin one and a thicker one that is similar in thickness to a 3mm or so wetglove.

I was fine in a thin liner this past weekend in 58 deg but it was my first dryglove dives ever.

A few other divers in the group wore and swore by the fourth element g1 glove (the thicker one). For the time being I do prefer a thin liner though.
G1 Drysuit Glove Liner

Important to note that G1 has closed cells like neoprene does so it does not help that much on deeper dives.

Army surplus wool liners are awesome. Double up for really cold water. Retain warmth even if they get wet. Are easy to source and inexpensive.

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. I've decided to go with the dakine storm liner gloves. They fit perfectly (large size) and very comfortable inside the ultima. Yet to go diving with them though so will update again once I do.

Thanks all.

I use Dakine Storm liner gloves. They are similar to the Burton gloves mentioned above.

But since you are in the UK, I suggest going to Decathlon and looking in the cycling section. The local Decathlon's cycling section here in Belgium has a myriad of option that would work well for liners inside a dryglove.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom