For Sale Since I can't sell it here, how about Leisure Pro used?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimbody

Caribbean Connoisseur
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any idea how much one will get for a 4 yr old 50 dives on it Zeagle Ranger size large in excellent shape? Is that a good route for me to take to sell this item before I go the backplate route?

I'm seeing a bunch unsold on ebay in the sub $200 price point, so I'd suspect going through a third party retailer to list it would be less than that.

Put it in Ebay starting at $1.00 and see what you end up getting for it.
Just gotta remember it cost your dealer at most 1/2 of what you paid for it new. Now 50 dives later it's worth even less.

Michael

good bc. i wouldn't think you would have had trouble selling on here

Put it in Ebay starting at $1.00 and see what you end up getting for it.
Just gotta remember it cost your dealer at most 1/2 of what you paid for it new. Now 50 dives later it's worth even less.

Michael

This.

I do quite a bit of buying and selling on eBay and if you really want to know how much something is worth then list it for $1.00 to open and let it go.

Box the item for shipping and then weigh and measure it and make the buyers pay only their exact shipping costs based upon their location (because your not in the business of losing or making money on shipping).

Sometimes if I think I have a niche item that some people may not see (and thus giving me a lower ending price) then I will list it for 10 days instead of 7.

Be honest and patient and realize that you will “win some and lose some”. GLTY.

Anyone have any idea how much one will get for a 4 yr old 50 dives on it Zeagle Ranger size large in excellent shape? Is that a good route for me to take to sell this item before I go the backplate route?

I'm not on the market, but I would suspect if it's that lightly used you could get $250 easy.

This.

I do quite a bit of buying and selling on eBay and if you really want to know how much something is worth then list it for $1.00 to open and let it go.

Box the item for shipping and then weigh and measure it and make the buyers pay only their exact shipping costs based upon their location (because your not in the business of losing or making money on shipping).

Sometimes if I think I have a niche item that some people may not see (and thus giving me a lower ending price) then I will list it for 10 days instead of 7.

Be honest and patient and realize that you will “win some and lose some”. GLTY.

Doesn't always work that way.
I bought a brand new unused Visual Plus 3 tank thread inspecter with a new Probe and Calibration tool for 3/4 NPSM threads on Ebay Germany back in November 2019 for less than $ 40.
I doubt I would have bought it at a list price of over $1500, but I got a deal.
Hope your BC doesn't become a deal.

Michael

Don't list it on eBay by auction starting at $1. Unless the most important thing is how fast you sell it. That will only assure that you'll get the highest price that anyone who happens to see your listing over the next week is willing to pay. It's mid-winter in North America, who's shopping BCs... $1 auctions are good for quick sales or items with high demand and either aspirational or "commodity" pricing, not for esoteric things.

I don't honestly know how used item prices here or on Leisure Pro compare to eBay, but I'm sure they can't match eBay or Amazon for eyeball numbers. Nothing says you can't list more than one place.

To get a fair price, check the eBay Sold Listings for actual transaction prices, make suitable adjustments to to your asking price but shade it to the high side, and list it on a 30-day fixed price auction, with the option for prospective buyers to Make an Offer below your asking price. If you can wait months, you are more likely to get a better price. If you prefer to sell quickly, consider accepting or negotiating with someone who makes an offer.

Carefully check and minimize the size and weight of your shipment prior to making the listing, and put accurate weight and dimensions for a calculated shipping rate. Don't offer free or fixed price shipping.

Consider listing on Amazon as well, there are still those who consider Amazon a more trustworthy site, G-d knows why. The big downside to either eBay or Amazon (or PayPal for that matter), is a buyer return, but I find scuba buyers to be a pretty trustworthy lot, and unlikely to make an unwarranted claim.

stick it on craigslist for 1/4 to 1/3 of retail. chances are you will get an offer at least and by skipping fees and shipping cost, might end up ahead compared to ebay/amazon.

Don't list it on eBay by auction starting at $1. Unless the most important thing is how fast you sell it. That will only assure that you'll get the highest price that anyone who happens to see your listing over the next week is willing to pay. It's mid-winter in North America, who's shopping BCs... $1 auctions are good for quick sales or items with high demand and either aspirational or "commodity" pricing, not for esoteric things.

I don't honestly know how used item prices here or on Leisure Pro compare to eBay, but I'm sure they can't match eBay or Amazon for eyeball numbers. Nothing says you can't list more than one place.

To get a fair price, check the eBay Sold Listings for actual transaction prices, make suitable adjustments to to your asking price but shade it to the high side, and list it on a 30-day fixed price auction, with the option for prospective buyers to Make an Offer below your asking price. If you can wait months, you are more likely to get a better price. If you prefer to sell quickly, consider accepting or negotiating with someone who makes an offer.

Carefully check and minimize the size and weight of your shipment prior to making the listing, and put accurate weight and dimensions for a calculated shipping rate. Don't offer free or fixed price shipping.

Consider listing on Amazon as well, there are still those who consider Amazon a more trustworthy site, G-d knows why. The big downside to either eBay or Amazon (or PayPal for that matter), is a buyer return, but I find scuba buyers to be a pretty trustworthy lot, and unlikely to make an unwarranted claim.

Someone make this a sticky please - well written indeed. On small items, I usually offer free shipping. People have no idea how expensive shipping is and thanks to Bezos now expect free or close to free transit for their purchases. Pisses me off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom