choosing drysuit for caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove both. I had a Poseidon and it was great. I noticed the difference when I went to a 905 Dive Rite. As I dive in some cold waters I kept the trilam for insulation possibilities, especially deep. One thing for sure; I am cold intolerent. If it is too cold for my 3mm I go dry!!!

Neoprene suits work great, not an issue in cave diving, and have been used successfully for decades. They have the advantage of being more streamlined and easier to repair.

FWIW, don't make having a drysuit a condition of taking the course. Matter of fact you want to be 100% squared away with what you use, and not add to the learning curve of a new drysuit to a class.. You may find your current exposure protection is adequate, and in the process of cave diving, and being around other cave divers, see what suit will suit your needs best.

well I plan on taking my cave classes here in Wisconsin. They instructor uses a flooded mine and run the courses in January.

The Makara is a badass suit. I'd also look at the Scubaforce suits that @jblack sells and can be custom fit in Florida. My first choice would be an O'Three RI 2-100 though, but that's personal preference for a neoprene suit

I don’t think the scuba force suits are truly custom fit suits. I have the same expedition se suit as Ken. I agree that it’s a good quality suit, but I had to send mine back to have the sleeves changed, and from what i understand, the suits are not really custom cut, as much as pieced together from the rack of best fit pieces. In fairness to Jason, I was “measured” before he took over that process, and his service in lake city was outstanding in getting my neck seal replaced.

still a great suit, but for a guy that has non standard proportions, I guess I am just hard to fit,

Definitely a HUGE difference between Caves and Mines. I've dove both, I would not be taking cave class in a mine.

Definitely a HUGE difference between Caves and Mines. I've dove both, I would not be taking cave class in a mine.

Ok, good to know. i will rethink my plan. I have also thought about doing my class through Dive Right In Scuba. which might be better.

well I plan on taking my cave classes here in Wisconsin. They instructor uses a flooded mine and run the courses in January.

Which agency? I think most agencies don't accept training cave courses in mines and issue separate mine diver and CCR Mine diver cards.

Which agency? I think most agencies don't accept training cave courses in mines and issue separate mine diver and CCR Mine diver cards.

they certify through TDI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom