AquaLung i300c review???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have about 70 salt water dives on my i330C. I have the wrist mount.

So far I like it, I compared the results to what some other divers were getting on theirs and it was generally in the middle of the ranges. ( I know, everyone in a group dives a slightly different profile.)

The depth was pretty close to what my analog depth gauge was showing.

My only issue is the DiverLog+ app. It is kludgy to say nice things about it. It comes pre-populated with some dive sites that I will never use and I cannot find how to delete them. While it allows a beginning dive number it does not allow a beginning cumulative dive time. It would be nice to have this as I do track my cumulative time.

I sync to my phone with Bluetooth then use WiFi to sync to my laptop. However it does not sync the diver profile, when syncing there is a need to separately pair the two devices, why not have them synced together permanently instead of having to enter a code every time.

It looks to me lik3e this app designed for someone who had multiple computers, often of the same type, and would let them pick between the different computers that they wore that day. I only have the one and do not need to specifically identify it each time. no one else uses it.

The app display has some issues as well, You cannot resize the columns, you cannot resize the different boxes, when you go to sync it always wants you to sync through Divecloud, which is a pay to use add on.

I have about 70 salt water dives on my i330C. I have the wrist mount.

So far I like it, I compared the results to what some other divers were getting on theirs and it was generally in the middle of the ranges. ( I know, everyone in a group dives a slightly different profile.)

The depth was pretty close to what my analog depth gauge was showing.

My only issue is the DiverLog+ app. It is kludgy to say nice things about it. It comes pre-populated with some dive sites that I will never use and I cannot find how to delete them. While it allows a beginning dive number it does not allow a beginning cumulative dive time. It would be nice to have this as I do track my cumulative time.

I sync to my phone with Bluetooth then use WiFi to sync to my laptop. However it does not sync the diver profile, when syncing there is a need to separately pair the two devices, why not have them synced together permanently instead of having to enter a code every time.

It looks to me lik3e this app designed for someone who had multiple computers, often of the same type, and would let them pick between the different computers that they wore that day. I only have the one and do not need to specifically identify it each time. no one else uses it.

The app display has some issues as well, You cannot resize the columns, you cannot resize the different boxes, when you go to sync it always wants you to sync through Divecloud, which is a pay to use add on.
I second all of this.

But I really do like my i300c, i have the wrist strap. I got it right after it was released as I wanted the Bluetooth.

It’s a great intro computer.

I’m really shocked that someone hasn’t jumped in on this thread and told the OP to buy a shearwater. But seriously, I plan on upgrading to a shearwater perdix ai when I get to that point but I’m pretty far from that need.

I’m super happy with the i300c

the only down side I will add is I can’t change over to a puck. I have started diving dry a lot and have my compass and analog depth gauge on bungee mounts but can’t put one on my i300c. That’s super annoying as it’s clearly an over site in design. I figure it wouldn’t have cost Aqualung any more to produce it with that flexibility built in. At this point I’m assuming that the console mount version will fit in a bungee mount. If it does I would go that way and just rock the bungee when I dive warm.

I second all of this.

But I really do like my i300c, i have the wrist strap. I got it right after it was released as I wanted the Bluetooth.

It’s a great intro computer.

I’m really shocked that someone hasn’t jumped in on this thread and told the OP to buy a shearwater. But seriously, I plan on upgrading to a shearwater perdix ai when I get to that point but I’m pretty far from that need.

I’m super happy with the i300c

the only down side I will add is I can’t change over to a puck. I have started diving dry a lot and have my compass and analog depth gauge on bungee mounts but can’t put one on my i300c. That’s super annoying as it’s clearly an over site in design. I figure it wouldn’t have cost Aqualung any more to produce it with that flexibility built in. At this point I’m assuming that the console mount version will fit in a bungee mount. If it does I would go that way and just rock the bungee when I dive warm.
If mounting in another boot, the i300c is available to buy as a module only.

I have the wristmount version of this. Using DiveMate instead of DiverLog+ to sync. Can back up to 'cloud' (gdrive, dropbox, etc) In the subsurface format (what I use for archival / syncing). The app itself (or the watch) crashes as it syncs, so that's fun, but it eventually works.

As far as actual usage, I've used it for 10 or so dives in fresh and salt water. I did remove the boot and set up a nato strap for it (it's definitely not made for that, but it works), did this to allow it to drain/dry better (can trap water between the boot and the puck) along with making it a little smaller.

I bought it as my first watch and eventual usage as a backup if I get something like a petrel. Would buy again (or the deep6 one if it can sync with subsurface).

My i300C is great. Works well, easy to use, and my stats agree with the rest of the computers in my diving group. Like others already mentioned, the DiverLog+ app didn't work at all for me. I downloaded Subsurface app and it works great. I also have an i450T and it had issues. When everyone in my dive group showed a water temp of 51F, the i300C did too, but the i450T showed 46F. The i450T has been shipped back to Aqualung under warranty.

How did you get it to work with subsurface? I had difficulty connecting mine to the software.

I connect using desktop windows PC. I open the windows Bluetooth device manager. I then enable the Bluetooth on the i300C. Using the windows bluetooth manager add the I300C as a device and connect to it. After the PC and i300C are connected, I can open up Subsurface and use the import from dive computer feature. I only have problems when Subsurface automatically fills in the "Device or Mount point" line with something that does not work. I change that "Device or Mount point" to COM3 and it works..

I use the Android DiveMate app and sync from the watch to my phone. From there I can export in the subsurface xml format to google drive and from google drive import on my laptop (subsurface merges previous dives just fine so far).

Was never able to get the subsurface android app to work very well, maybe I'll try again soon (I never tried THAT hard).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom