Does Red Cross Adult First Aid/CPR/AED Count towards PADI Rescue Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have him by the balls if he tries to screw me. I have enough documentation to establish a contractual relationship. I can easily nail him in court and jack him up with the agencies he certifies under If I have to go nuclear by filing a complaint against him.

I am going to give him till the end of February to make me whole and failing that, then start knocking over anthills if I am not caugh-up by then.

He is a notorious procrastinator and I have know him for two decades. That said, this is starting to get ridiculous and I am starting to get pissed.

I believe he will come through, I just hate to let it get to the point where I have to threaten him to do it.

It would be interesting to be able to check a source at PADI and see if he is still listed as an Instructor.

Is this still the case with PADI? Will they accept Red Cross? I am hearing conflicting information now.

PADI will accept Red Cross certifications as long as they are not taught entirely online. Courses with no hands-on training are not accepted.

Reference the 2017 Q4 Training Bulletin.
"Note: CPR and first aid courses taught entirely online do not meet PADI Divemaster requirements, nor do they meet CPR/first aid requirements for other PADI courses."

I would have to have his member number to run that check. I need a way to do it by name.
QM@padi.com
You may be able to tell them you're considering a course and want to know if he is current.

I would have to have his member number to run that check. I need a way to do it by name.
Do you have any other card from him? It'll have a number on it....

Thanks guys! Like I said, I'd rather have a certification that is recognized outside of the scuba community. Nothing against PADI at all!
EFR is recognized. all "recognized" courses follow standard ILCOR guidelines. EFR is recognized by the USCG for a Captain's license.

Is this still the case with PADI? Will they accept Red Cross? I am hearing conflicting information now.
yes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom