Freezing your BC when its wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowlysubaruguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any advice on taking your gear on a road trip after diving and exposing it to very cold weather. This wont be something I will experience often but it is something that could happen. It will be in the back of a truck bed under a canopy. I will keep the regulators up front.

What may occur next week. I may drive to Wyoming spend a week with my mom then fly out of Denver for a week of diving in Florida. I will rinse and dry my gear as well as possible but there will be residue in the BC components. Fly back to Denver and drive through Wyoming and Montana to my home in Washington.

In the not so distant future I will drive from the NW to Florida and then back during the winter months. Where its possible for very cold temps to occur. Most likely on these trips I will dry them out longer but I dont know i may have to get in a last minute dive after loading the truck so maybe not. I should just retire now rent a camp site in Florida and live in a cardboard box next to the boat launch. Maybe I need a shrink instead.

Any thoughts.

Shouldn't be an issue. What do you think us ice divers do?

@uncfnp : HA!

ice dive stuff 042[399].JPG

(yes Steve, that picture again... :rofl3:)

I've seen BCDs frozen and covered with snow after laying in the back of a truck for several days function just fine in the pool after they were thawed.

Thanks for the confirmation. Its not something that will happen that often but its better to know in advance before I screw something up.

Back
Top Bottom