Bag drag - ADO vs private transfer speed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A quick OXXO stop, not a visit to the DMV.

If you are the first passenger, you might have to wait, but if there are already a few waiting then you get in and leave right away.

No stopping at the second bus station in playa which can take 15 minutes or more depending on street traffic in Playa.

When I plan travel I always plan for a missed connection. Leave early.

I don’t like to have to do the bag drag from the island home. It’s a long flight to Oakland,Ca and I don’t want to feel grubby from the ferry. I guess I could sit inside but I never do. If we have a flight before noon we spend the night in PDC at a cheap hotel right across the back parking lot to the bus station. $35 a night and clean. Then we go for one last nice dinner at our favorite Italian place and a mojito at the Cuban joint on 5th. We have been buying our return ADO bus tickets for a few years now as the secret of how easy and clean the busses are with bathrooms too are to use to get back to the airport. This year we will bag drag 3 weeks worth of cloths, gear and work to an apartment. Bag drag all the way

Why do a drag bag at all fly direct CZM. We get an early morning flight out of MSP on Sun Country and eating lunch by 1 on the island.

Why do a drag bag at all fly direct CZM. We get an early morning flight out of MSP on Sun Country and eating lunch by 1 on the island.

How did you get your bags from your house to MSP or from CZM to your hotel. OMG looks like you dragged some bags after all, lol.

Great. Can your plane stop at pick me up.

Uh, because flying direct into CZM on our available dates may not be available for under $1,600 per ticket, or may not be available unless we'd like to commit to a 22 hour trip, (or longer).

Our original ticketing for this upcoming trip was perfectly reasonable. United changed our times. and it turned into a 18 - 26 hour trip. We're now flying into CUN, and because we detest the bag drag so much, a 6 hour 15 minute layover in IAH was more attractive than departing from CUN.

We will be able to avail ourselves of the United Club in IAH, which will help.

Your experience in life may be different than others, whether we're talking about flight times, income, housing, insurance or love. Sometimes it's good to lean back in your recliner, and light a pipe - with the TV off.

Sure why not, aren't there any good direct flights from your area to Coz?
Nope, which is true for that vast majority of the US. You have a longer drive to Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport than I do to Lubbock or Amarillo, but for us, it's either change planes in Dallas or Houston. That made it easier for me to justify diving in several different locations around the US, Canada, and the Carribean as it's two planes to anywhere, but those days have passed for me. You have the luxury of a non-stop flight to Cozumel that few can find, and I cannot get there before 3pm these days.

I did the reverse bag drag this week.

I needed to leave coz for a few days to return to MSP.

Ticket prices were approx $400 more to fly direct from coz so I left from CUN.

The trip from Coz to the airport was quicker and easier than the trip from the airport to coz.

I had a noon flight and wanted to be at the airport two hours early.

I could have taken the 8 am ferry but I decided the 7 would be smarter.

Ultamar is using smaller ferrys when the demand is low. They are catamaran hulls and are fast.

We were at the dock in playa at 7:35 and by 7;45 I was at the bus station.

The taxi drivers were out front and offering rides direct to the airport.

The first guy showed me a very nice laminated price sheet and wanted over 5000 pesos for my own taxi and leave right away.

I passed on his offer and walked towards the door where the next driver said 200 pesos but we need to wait for three others.

The bus is 185 pesos and was leaving in 15 minutes at 8:00.

I said I would go with him if we left before the bus, otherwise I was getting on the bus.

He said ok just hang out for a few more minutes, and in about 5 minutes he had three other people and we left.

No stops and I was first to be dropped off, at terminal 4 by 8:45,

Plenty of time for breakfast.

I returned today from CUN to coz.

There are many choices for the return, taxi, shuttle, ADO bus, but they do not do the shared taxi thing leaving the airport.

The ADO ticket counter is by the exit door from terminal 4 and the bus left directly from the loading area outside the terminal. The bus arrived on schedule and was very prompt loading and departing.

The bus fare from the airport to playa was 208 pesos.

Made it to playa in approx 45 minutes and bought a ticket for the ultamar at the last booth before the dock.

I gave the person 200 pesos and they gave me a ticket. I looked at the ticket later and it said 220 pesos. I was told these are the tickets the street vendors use and the extra 20 pesos is how they make their commission.

Again they were running the smaller ferry.

The winjet boat pulled away from the dock before us and turned around sooner, but the smaller faster ferry caught up to the winjet in about 10 minutes and arrived at the dock in coz in 35 minutes while the winjet was still way far from the dock.

We tied up, I disembarked and walked off the dock while the winjet was still at least 5 min from the dock.

Your experience will vary based on time of day, day of the week and high season peak days.

Back
Top Bottom