Single tank hose length realizations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but which one of those is your hose length?

what? just trying to bring this back on topic.

I had a similar thing this past fall. I swapped out the 7' hose for a 5' but felt it was too short and constricting/obstructing across the chest and just switched back last dive. I was trying to streamline a bit, especially when not in the water but didn't like it. Might try a 40" but can see having a similar issue that you did.

I can’t do 40” either, constant tugging even with the Omni, in dry suit, I use 44” for long hose, 24” for the short.

i run a 48" primary second stage under my arm with a swivel attachment and clip. safe second goes under my chin on a 22" spg under my left arm on 24" clipped to d-ring on my waste. nice and tight. easy hand-off for OOA situations. I don't do tec nor cave so the 7' is just way to much hose for me. i tried it. no bueno for me. besides, unless in a confined area where single file is required, what is the real benefit of a 7' hose?

Sharing air on 7' long hose in open water is not needed, but when I tried it in a non-emergent scenario, it gave a lot more space for both the sharer and sharee to swim comfortably together. It was actually kind of neat. That being said, we've gone to 40" with 90 degree elbow.

unless in a confined area where single file is required, what is the real benefit of a 7' hose?

For me, I can get the 7' hose to lay nice and flat with a fairly tight loop around my neck. I find this set up more streamlined than the traditional-length hose over the shoulder.

And...
Sharing air on 7' long hose in open water is not needed, but when I tried it in a non-emergent scenario, it gave a lot more space for both the sharer and sharee to swim comfortably together. It was actually kind of neat.

It is indeed quite comfortable to share air on a long hose. I had a share once with my buddy who had a free flow that we couldn't get stopped. We just ascended easily and floated effortless on our safety stop without being up in each other's face.

i run a 48" primary second stage under my arm with a swivel attachment and clip. safe second goes under my chin on a 22" spg under my left arm on 24" clipped to d-ring on my waste. nice and tight. easy hand-off for OOA situations. I don't do tec nor cave so the 7' is just way to much hose for me. i tried it. no bueno for me. besides, unless in a confined area where single file is required, what is the real benefit of a 7' hose?

like I said above, for me it's the ability to take the reg out of my mouth and not worry about it falling all the way down if I don't clip it off. I usually clip it off, but sometimes they get knocked out

For me going from a 7' to a 5' I found instead of coming up the center of my chest and not interfering with my right d-ring that the 5' would cut across it, due to the hog loop around the neck.

Does a 40"/44" come up neatly along the right shoulder strap or will find that it interferes with the d-ring also (I hang my flashlight and go pro there tucked into the band).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom